|Traded as||FWB: ZIL2|
|Founded||Stuttgart (1879 )|
|Headquarters||Dettingen an der Erms, Germany|
|Stefan Wolf (CEO and chairman of the management board)|
|Products||Auto parts including head gaskets; modules and acoustic and thermal shielding systems for engines and exhausts|
|Revenue||€1,557.4 million (2016)|
|€82.6 million (2016)|
|Total equity||€886.4 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|over 9,000 (average, 2017)|
ElringKlinger AG is a German car spare parts manufacturer headquartered in Dettingen an der Erms, Germany. As a worldwide development partner and original equipment supplier of cylinder-head and specialty gaskets, plastic housing modules, shielding components for engine, transmission, exhaust systems and underbody, exhaust gas purification technology as well as battery and fuel cell components ElringKlinger provides its products to almost all of the world’s vehicle and engine manufacturers. As at May 3, 2017, in addition to the parent company, the ElringKlinger Group included 44 fully consolidated subsidiaries (including a Joint venture with a total of five companies).
Today, ElringKlinger employs more than 9000 people in 49 locations worldwide.
In 1879, Paul Lechler founded a company trading in gaskets and technical products in Stuttgart. The company began manufacturing its own gaskets in 1914. Its headquarters were moved to Dettingen an der Erms between 1964 and 1965. Back in 1885, Richard Klinger had established an engineering workshop in Vienna, which also started producing cylinder-head gaskets in 1930.
The company’s international expansion began in 1971 with the acquisition of its first ownership interest in Spain. Its manufacturing sites in Bietigheim-Bissingen and Langenzenn were set up in the following year.
In 1994, the automotive divisions of Richard Klinger GmbH and Elring GmbH joined forces to form ElringKlinger GmbH, with its headquarters in Dettingen. On October 30, 2000, ElringKlinger GmbH merged with the parent company ZWL Grundbesitz- und Beteiligungs-AG and took the new name ElringKlinger AG. ElringKlinger AG has been listed on the Frankfurt and Stuttgart stock exchanges since January 21, 2002. The company was accepted into the SDAX on November 13, 2003, and the MDAX on March 4, 2009. At its meeting of March 3, 2016, Deutsche Börse agreed changes to the composition of its equity indices, which returned ElringKlinger AG stock to the SDAX with effect from March 21, 2016.
This was followed by the purchase of Hug Group, a Swiss exhaust specialist, on May 11, 2011.
The Japanese joint venture ElringKlinger Marusan Corporation and its subsidiaries were fully consolidated as of December 31, 2013, based on a contractual agreement on the exercise of control.
In July 2014, ElringKlinger AG acquired 75 percent of new enerday GmbH, a company based in the German town of Neubrandenburg.
ElringKlinger Kunststofftechnik GmbH acquired all interests in Polytetra GmbH, a processor of fluoropolymers and conventional high-performance plastics, in October 2014.
In February 2015, ElringKlinger bought the U.S. automotive supplier M&W Manufacturing Co., Michigan, significantly strengthening its market position for control plates for automatic transmissions in North America and worldwide.
The company entered into a strategic partnership with engineering specialist hofer AG in October 2016, also taking a 53 percent interest in the subsidiary hofer powertrain products GmbH. Acquiring this stake enabled ElringKlinger to benefit from the powertrain system developer’s innovative strength for developing and manufacturing alternative drive technologies for hybrid or all-electric vehicles.
The board consists of three members:
- Dr. Stefan Wolf (chairman and CEO)
- Theo Becker (member of the board)
- Thomas Jessulat (member of the board)
ElringKlinger is engaging in the following eleven business divisions:
- Cylinder-head gaskets
- Speciality gaskets
- Shielding Technology
- Speciality gaskets
- Lightweighting / Elastomer Technology
- Exhaust Gas Purification
- Engineered Plastics
- Industrial Parks
Structure of the ElringKlinger Group
- 100% Gedächtnisstiftung Karl Müller Belegschaftshilfe GmbH
- 92,86 % Elring Klinger Motortechnik GmbH
- 96% ElringKlinger Logistic Service GmbH
- 80% new enerday GmbH
- 77,5 % ElringKlinger Kunststofftechnik GmbH
- 100% Polytetra GmbH (subsidiary of ElringKlinger Kunststofftechnik)
- 100% KOCHWERK Catering GmbH
- 27% hofer AG
- 53% hofer powertrain products GmbH / DE (subsidiary of hofer AG)
- 100% ElringKlinger Abschirmtechnik (Schweiz) AG / CH
- 93,67 % Hug Engineering AG / CH
- 100% Hug Engineering GmbH / DE (subsidiary of Hug Engineering AG / CH)
- 100% Hug Engineering Inc. / US (subsidiary of Hug Engineering AG / CH)
- 100% Hug Engineering S.p.A. / IT (subsidiary of Hug Engineering AG / CH)
- 100% Elring Klinger (Great Britain) Ltd. / UK
- 100% Elring Parts Ltd. / UK
- 100% ElringKlinger Italia Srl / IT
- 100% ElringKlinger Meillor SAS / FR
- 100% HURO Supermold S. R. L. / RO
- 100% Technik-Park Heliport Kft. / HU
- 100% ElringKlinger Hungary Kft. / HU
- 100% Elring Klinger, S.A.U. / ES
- 100% ElringKlinger TR Otomotiv Şanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. / TR
- 100% ElringKlinger Canada, Inc. / CA
- 100% ElringKlinger North America, Inc. / US
- 100% ElringKlinger Automotive Manufacturing, Inc. / US
- 100% ElringKlinger Silicon Valley, Inc. / US
- 100% ElringKlinger USA, Inc. / US
- 100% Elring Klinger México, S.A. de C.V. / MX
- 100% EKASER, S.A. de C.V. / MX
- 100% Elring Klinger do Brasil Ltda. / BR
- 100% Elring Klinger South Africa (Pty) Ltd. / ZA
- 100% ElringKlinger Automotive Components (India) Pvt. Ltd. / IN
- 100% ElringKlinger China, Ltd. / CN
- 88% Changchun ElringKlinger Ltd. / CN
- 100% ElringKlinger Chongqing Ltd. / CN
- 100% ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics (Qingdao) Commercial Co. / CN (subsidiary of ElringKlinger Kunststofftechnik)
- 100% ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics North America, Inc. / US (subsidiary of ElringKlinger Kunststofftechnik)
- 100% ElringKlinger Korea / KR
- 50% ElringKlinger Marusan Corporation / JP
- 100% Taiyo Jushi Kakoh Co., Ltd. / JP (subsidiary of ElringKlinger Marusan Corporation / JP)
- 46,9 % Marusan Kogyo Co., Ltd. / JP
- 100% PT. ElringKlinger Indonesia / ID (subsidiary of ElringKlinger Marusan Corporation / JP)
- 100% ElringKlinger (Thailand) Co., Ltd. / TH (subsidiary of ElringKlinger Marusan Corporation / JP)
- 53% hofer powertrain products UK Ltd. / UK (subsidiary of hofer AG)
- Annual Report 2016  (PDF; 5,5 MB)
- "At a Glance | ElringKlinger AG". www.elringklinger.de. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "History | ElringKlinger AG". Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "ElringKlinger Group acquires majority stake in Turkish company". Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "ElringKlinger sets progressive course for mobility of the future". Retrieved 2017-11-15.