|Born||1978 (age 38–39)
Hirakata, Osaka, Japan
|Other names||Misuzu Akimoto|
|Height||1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lb; 8.2 st)|
Emi Kuroda (Japanese: 黒田エミ Hepburn: Kuroda Emi?) a.k.a. Misuzu Akimoto (秋元美鈴 Akimoto Misuzu?) is an AV and pink film actress who was born in Osaka in 1978. She is best known for playing the title role in director Mitsuru Meike's The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai (2003).
Emi Kuroda started her AV career in 2000 under the name Misuzu Akimoto. Often playing high school girl roles, she starred in such films as Virtual Sexpot and several volumes of Paradise of Japan which were released by Oriental Dream for the American market and so were "uncensored", not using mosaic pixelation to obscure the genitals. In 2002 she changed her stage name to Emi Kuroda and by 2003 had appeared in more than 200 films.
With no previous theatrical acting experience, Kuroda was chosen to star in director Mitsuru Meike's 2003 pink film, The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai. The film gained a cult following and became a surprise international hit, playing at 20 film festivals and having a theatrical release in the U.S. in 2006. As part of the film's tour of international film festivals, Kuroda was invited to speak at the PIA Film Festival in July 2005. One reviewer commented that the film was boosted by "Emi Kuroda's skilled erotic contortions (as well as by her ability to rattle off her pseudo-intellectual dialogue as though she understands it)."
In 2004, Kuroda was arrested for public indecency as a patron in a sexual fantasy bar. Also in 2004, she appeared in the V-Cinema erotic comedy Bin Bin (BIN×BIN 忍者ハメ撮りくん?) directed by Takao Nakano and released by TMC.
Martial Arts Career
It was Takao Nakano (who also wrote the screenplay for Sachiko Hanai) who introduced Kuroda to cat-fights, and she joined his cat-fight club "Galshocker" under the name "Rolling Thunder". She left her screen and video work to start up a career as a martial arts fighter. Her record for the 2005 season was one win and three losses. In her martial arts career, she attained third-ranking amateur Shoot Boxing Bantamweight.
|2002-05-14||Paradise Of Japan Vol.4||Oriental Dream
|Yui Koike, Haruka Harada, Eriko Shimada & Hiro Yazawa||Uncensored|
|2002-07-16||Paradise Of Japan Vol.6||Oriental Dream
|Yui Koike, Miko Matsunaga & Hiro Yazawa||Uncensored|
|2002-08-13||Paradise Of Japan Vol.7||Oriental Dream
|Yui Koike, Haruka Yamada, Miho Matsunaga, Eriko Shimada & Hiro Yazawa||Uncensored|
|2002-09-24||Paradise Of Japan Vol.8||Oriental Dream
|Haruka Harada, Misuzu Akimoto, Miho Matsunaga, Eriko Shimada & Hiro Yazawa||Uncensored|
|2002-11-05||Paradise Of Japan Vol.9||Oriental Dream
|Kiyoka Sugiura & Nana Mizuno||Uncensored|
|2002-12-24||Paradise Of Japan Vol.12||Oriental Dream
|Kiyoka Sugiura, Rina Takemura, Rumi Yazawa, Sayaka Tateishi & Nana Mizuno||Uncensored|
|2003-01-07||Paradise Of Japan Vol.13||Oriental Dream
|Rumi Yazawa & Kiyoka Sugiura||Uncensored|
|2003-01-28||Paradise Of Japan Vol.14||Oriental Dream
|Sayaka Tateishi, Nana Mizuno, Kiyoka Sugiura, Rina Takemura & Rumi Yazawa||Uncensored|
|2004-06-15||The Mensetsu||Oriental Dream
|Hiro Yazawa, Noa Sakuragi, Marimo & Matsunaga Miho||Uncensored|
- "Emi Kuroda 黒田エミ(S-KEEP)" (in Japanese). pancrase.co.jp. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "About the Crew". docstoc.com. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Misuzu Akimoto". mediafreakcity.com. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Sharp, Jasper (2008). Behind the Pink Curtain: The Complete History of Japanese Sex Cinema. Guildford: FAB Press. p. 318. ISBN 978-1-903254-54-7.
- Sharp, Jasper. "Pink thrills: Japanese sex movies go global". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2009-06-21.
- ＰＦＦでコメディピンク、女池 充監督『花井さちこの華麗な生涯』が上映！ (in Japanese). cinematopics.com. 2005-07-15. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Gray, Jason; Jasper Sharp (2005-09-21). "The 27th Pia Film Festival and the Cineastes Organization Osaka EX". midnighteye.com. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Schilling, Mark (December 2, 2005). "Wet dreams and zombies". Japan Times Online. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "BIN×BIN 忍者ハメ撮りくん" (in Japanese). tmc-ov.co.jp. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Musetto, V. A. (March 18, 2007). "SHE'S GRITTY IN PINK". The New York Post. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Emi Kuroda". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Filmography from "Misuzu Akimoto". MEDIAFREAKCITY. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Official website
- Emi Kuroda at the Internet Movie Database
- Entry on Argo Pictures
- 黒田エミ くろだ・えみ (in Japanese). allcinema.net. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- プルンプルンヒップでバッチ来い！黒田エミ (in Japanese). zakzak.co.jp. 2005-12-02. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- "Emi Kuroda MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2017-01-17.