|Born||Emily Anne Hart
May 2, 1986
Sayville, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, Voice actress|
|Years active||1996 - present|
|Relatives||Melissa Joan Hart (sister)|
Emily Anne Hart (born May 2, 1986) is an American actress and voice actress. She is the younger sister of former Clarissa Explains It All and "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" star Melissa Joan Hart. She is best known for her roles as Sabrina Spellman in Sabrina: The Animated Series and Amanda Wiccan in Sabrina the Teenage Witch (TV series).
Hart is the daughter of television producer Paula Hart and William Hart, a businessman. She has six sisters (three of whom are half-sisters) and one brother. Her stepfather (since 1994) is television executive Leslie Gilliams.
Her older siblings Melissa, Trisha Hart, Elizabeth Hart and Brian Hart have all been in show business to varying degrees, as have younger half-sisters Alexandra Gilliams, Samantha Gilliams & Mackenzie Hart.
Hart started acting influenced by her older sister Melissa.
In 1998, she won a Young Artist Award for her role in the television movie The Right Connections. She was also nominated that year for a guest appearance on the series Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, which her sister Melissa Joan Hart starred in. A later episode of that series, entitled "Witchright Hall", served as a pilot for a possible spin-off series starring Hart as Sabrina's younger cousin Amanda, but the show was not picked up by the WB.
In 1999, Hart was cast in the title role of Sabrina: The Animated Series while her older sister Melissa co-starred as Hilda and Zelda Spellman, for which she was nominated for Young Artist Awards in 2000 and 2001, winning the second of the two. Also in 2001, Hart starred as the teen-aged Shirley Temple in the TV movie Child Star: The Shirley Temple Story.
In 2003, she won another Young Artist Award for a guest appearance on the series Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
In 2005, Hart starred in a 15-minute short film entitled Mute, directed by her older sister Melissa. Hart played York in the 2009/2010 horror thriller film Nine Dead, which also featured her older sister Melissa. In 2016 Emily was the narrator for the audio book of "Things I Can't Explain: A Clarissa Novel".
- Melissa Joan Hart. "Melissa Joan Hart: Biography". ning.com. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "TFK Q&A: Emily Hart". TimeForKids.com. 1999-09-17. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- "Nineteenth Annual Youth in Film Awards: 1996-1997". youngartistawards.org. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- Sabrina the Animated Series Cast and Crew on TV.com
- "Twenty-Second Annual Young Artist Awards: 1999-2000". youngartistawards.org. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "Twentyfirst Annual Young Artist Awards: 1998-1999". youngartistawards.org. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "Twenty-Fourth Annual Young Artist Awards". youngartistawards.org. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- Strauss, Alix (2006-04-18). "Witch's Craft". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- Things I Can't Explain: A Clarissa Novel
|Awards and achievements|
|Young Artist Award|
Aria Noelle Curzon
for Dan Danger
|Best Performance in a Voice-Over Role - Young Actress
for Sabrina: The Animated Series
|Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) - Supporting Young Actress
for Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
for 7th Heaven