In the past White was a Director of Business Operations at Instagram, as well as Director, Local at Facebook Inc. and Director, Asia Pacific - Latin America Online Sales & Operations at Google Inc. White obtained her bachelor's degree at Vanderbilt University. Her boardroom appointments include Lululemon Athletica Inc and the National Center for Women in I.T. In September 2015, Emily joined Hyperloop One as a board observer.
White was hired by Snapchat Inc as a business strategist and advisor. She served as the COO from 2013 till March 2015. The public announcement of her leaving the company occurred days after Snapchat received funding from Alibaba Group.
- "Snapchat Doesn't Think It Needs an Adult Like Facebook Did". WIRED. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- Lunden, Ingrid; Cutler, Kim-Mai. "Hyperloop Technologies Is Raising $80M, Names Ex-Cisco Pres Rob Lloyd CEO, Emily White As Advisor". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Emily White Former Chief Operating Officer, Snapchat Inc". 'Bloomberg Business'. Bloomberg Business. 2015-03-15. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- "Emily White, 36 COO Snapchat". 'Fortune Magazine'. 2015-03-15. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Hyperloop Technologies Is Raising $80M, Names Ex-Cisco Pres Rob Lloyd CEO, Emily White As Advisor". TechCrunch. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- Eadicicco, Lisa (2015-03-13). "Snapchat loses its very experienced COO". 'Business Insider'. Business Insider. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|