Her work has appeared in numerous journals and anthologies in Australia and overseas. Her first volume of poems, The Wild Reply, won the 1998 Mary Gilmore Prize and was joint winner of The Age 1998 Poetry Book of the Year Prize. Her second book, Anything the Landlord Touches, published in 2002 and reissued in the UK by Shearsman Books in 2006, won the 2003 C. J. Dennis Prize for Poetry (Victorian Premier's Prize) and the 2003 Judith Wright Calanthe Prize for Poetry (Queensland Premier's Prize).
A collection of German language translations of selected poems, Nesselgesang, was published in 2008 (translations by Mirko Bonne).
- The Wild Reply. (Black Pepper publishing, 1997) ISBN 1-876044-13-6 reviews
- Anything the Landlord Touches. (Giramondo, 2002; Shearsman 2006) ISBN 0-907562-92-2 review
- Nesselgesang. (yedermann Verlag, 2008) ISBN 978-3-935269-38-4
- Poems & 'Working note' at However
- Poems from Sport Magazine at New Zealand Electronic Text Centre
- 3 poems at Slope Magazine
- 4 poems at Shadowtrain
- Emma Lew (Thylazine Australian Artists and Writers Directory) Accessed: 3 January 2007
|This biographical article about an Australian poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|