Emmanuel Lewis in 1987
March 9, 1971|
Brooklyn, New York, United States
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
From his role on the television series Webster, Lewis was nominated for four Young Artist Awards. In 1984, he was nominated for Best Young Actor in a Comedy Series for Webster and lost to Rick Schroder of Silver Spoons. In 1985, he was nominated for the same award but it went to Billy Jayne of It's Not Easy. In 1986, he was nominated for Best Young Actor Starring in a Television Series which Marc Price ended up winning for his performance in Family Ties. In 1987, he was nominated for Exceptional Performance by a Young Actor Starring in a Television Comedy or Drama Series which Kirk Cameron of Growing Pains won.
Lewis appeared as himself on a TV child stars episode of The Weakest Link in 2001. He was voted off in the third round.
On November 9, 2014, Lewis appeared on Ken Reid's "TV Guidance Counselor" podcast. The episode was recorded live at the Davis Square Theater in Somerville, Massachusetts, as part of the 2014 Boston Comedy Festival.
- Webster (1983–1989) TV series
- Love Boat (1984) (1984) episode "Only the Good Die Young"
- A Christmas Dream (1984) TV special
- Lost in London (1985) (TV)
- Emmanuel Lewis: My Very Own Show (1987) (TV)
- The New Adventures of Mother Goose (1995) (TV)
- Family Matters (1997) episodes "Odd Man In" and "Beauty and the Beast"
- Moesha (1998) (TV)
- Malcolm & Eddie (1999) (TV)
- The Weakest Link (TV Child Stars Edition) (2001) (TV)
- The Surreal Life (2003) (TV)
- Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star (2003)
- My Super Sweet Sixteen (2005) (TV)
- One on One (2005) (TV)
- Kickin' It Old Skool (2007) (Film)
- The Surreal Life: Fame Games (2007) (TV)
- The Lil Flex Show (2008) (TV)
"City Connection", a song performed by Lewis, was very popular in Japan in 1981 reaching number 2 on the Oricon chart.
- "City Connection" (シティコネクション, Shity Konekushon) (1981 July 5)
- B side: City Connection (English Version)
- Lyrics: Mickey Sugar, Composer: Danny Long (pseudonym of Daiko Nagato), Arranger: Michel SHIMIN, Yuka Sato
- "Love is DANDAN" (恋はダンダン, ”Koi wa Dan Dan") (1981 October 5)
- Lyrics: Junko Shiratori, composer: Daiko Nagato, Arranger: Masao Nakajima
In popular culture
- Lewis is often compared to Gary Coleman, star of Diff'rent Strokes.
- Lewis is referred to as the Antichrist in the 1996 song "Fire Water Burn" by The Bloodhound Gang.
- In a 2009 South Park episode, "The F Word", Lewis is the head editor of "Webster's Dictionary".
- "Emmanuel Lewis: As the Pint-Size Webster, He Reached New Heights". People. people.com. 28 November 1994. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- Internet Movie Database. "Emmanuel Lewis - Awards".
- Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis. February 12, 2013.
- "Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – Google News Archive Search". Associated Press. Retrieved 2010-02-04.
- "The Roof is on Fire". metrolyrics.com. Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- Isler, Ramsey (November 5, 2009). "South Park: "The F Word" Review". IGN. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emmanuel Lewis.|