Muscat playing for Wellington Phoenix in 2009
|Full name||Emmanuel Muscat|
|Date of birth||7 December 1984|
|Place of birth||Melbourne, Australia|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder / Full-back|
|2004–2007||Sunshine George Cross||48||(5)|
|2007–2008||Green Gully Cavaliers||44||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 December 2015.
Emmanuel "Manny" Muscat (born 7 December 1984 in Melbourne, Australia) is an Australian born Maltese footballer who usually plays as a defensive midfielder or right back for Wellington Phoenix in the A-League.
Raised in West Sunshine, Melbourne, Manny Muscat played for Sunshine George Cross where he was made captain at the age of 19, then made the switch to rivals Green Gully where he had the most successful years in his Victorian Premier career.
Wellington Phoenix signed him from Green Gully in August 2008, initially as a short-term injury replacement for the injured Vince Lia, but he was later offered a full contract and signed on as a contracted player.
Muscat made a total of twenty-six appearances for the Wellington Phoenix in the 2009-10 season, including all three of the final series matches. After getting the only red card of Wellington's season, fellow Phoenix player Troy Hearfield picked up Muscats usual role of right back. This change pushed Muscat into a defensive midfield role for Wellington where Muscat continued to play through the rest of the season. On 20 October 2009, Muscat was rewarded for his fine form as he extended his contract with Wellington Phoenix for another three years. On 20 January 2012 Muscat scored his first goal for the club in his eighty fifth appearance versus the Newcastle Jets. The day after breaking his goal drought it was confirmed Muscat had extended his contract by a further two years and rejected offers from hometown clubs Victory and Heart. On the 3 January 2013 Muscat received a 3-game suspension after twice elbowing a Brisbane Roar player in his side's 2-1 loss.
On 11 May 2009, Muscat was called up to the Maltese national team for their upcoming friendly against the Czech Republic and a 2010 World Cup qualifier against Sweden. He made his international début against the Czech Republic, and was used as a late substitute for the game against Sweden.
A-League career statistics
|Last updated 16 March 2014|
- "Manny Muscat". Wellington Phoenix. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Muscat's The Manny For Phoenix". FourFourTwo Australia.
- "Muscat signs deal with Phoenix". NZPA.
- "Muscat extends contract with Phoenix". WellingtonPhoenix.com.
- "Muscat hits late winner for Phoenix". NZ Herald. 21 January 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Phoenix Secure Goal Hero Manny". FourFourTwoAustralia. 21 January 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Muscat gets the call from Malta". WellingtonPhoenix.com. 2009-05-11. Retrieved 2009-05-11.