Hearfield training with Newcastle Jets in 2008
|Date of birth||31 October 1987|
|Place of birth||Tamworth, Australia|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right Back|
|Port Macquarie FC|
|2011–2013||Central Coast Mariners||31||(2)|
|2011||→ Pelita Jaya (loan)||11||(1)|
|2014||Charlestown City Blues||19||(3)|
|2015||Weston Workers Bears||14||(4)|
|2016–||Port Macquarie FC|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 September 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17:30, 19 November 2010 (UTC)
He made the transfer to Wellington Phoenix on 28 March 2008 after a rift between his former club Newcastle Jets about his release, and scored his first Phoenix goal against his former club on 23 November 2008. Over the last two season Troy has been a regular starter, playing out of position in Right Back for Wellington Phoenix. Troy worked hard and became a solid addition in the defence, he also was good in attack when on the overlap. Troy parted ways with Phoenix at the end of the 2010-2011 season and signed with the Central Coast Mariners for the 2011–2012 A-League season. Over the off-season Troy will be on a loan deal for four months with Indonesian outfit Pelita Jaya. Troy scored his first goal in a 2-2 draw against Semen Padang FC.
Hearfield made his debut and scored for the Mariners in a pre-season friendly match against Scottish giants Celtic. It has since been reported on 5 April 2013 that Hearfield had tested positive to a recreational drug during a failed drug test and had been sacked by the Mariners. The Mariners released a statement on the same day confirming this however denied that he was sacked and that a mutual agreement was met between the club and Hearfield for him to be released from his contract.
He has represented Australia at both U-20 and U-23 level, however he was unlucky to miss out on selection for the Australian Olympic Football team. He has shown a good goal scoring record at both levels.
A-League career statistics
|Central Coast Mariners||2011–12||25||2||2||0||0||0||4||0||31||2|
- Australian Players Database
- "Hyundai A-League Player Movements". Football Australia. 29 July 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- "Newcastle through to prelim". A-League. 2 February 2007. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- "Phoenix beat nine-man Jets". A-League. 23 November 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- "Wellington Phoenix season big disappointment". stuff.co.nz. 20 February 2011. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- "Let Me Show You The Money!". Australian FourFourTwo. 8 March 2011. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- "Troy Hearfield sacked for testing positive for drugs". heraldsun.com.au. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Clarification regarding Troy Hearfield". ccmariners.com.au. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Troy Hearfield at Soccerway