Empire (H. Beam Piper book)
Empire is a collection of short stories by American writer H. Beam Piper, edited by John F. Carr. The book was published in 1981 by Ace Books, and again in 1986. Most of these stories take place in his Terro-Human Future History, with the sole exception being "The Return".
- Terro-Human Future History Chronology by John F. Carr. A short, 35-entry timeline of Piper’s Terro-Human Future History, covering from 1 A.E. to 2936 A.E.
- Introduction by John F. Carr.
- "The Edge of the Knife” (first appeared in Amazing Stories, May 1957)
- "A Slave is a Slave" (first appeared in Analog, April 1962)
- "Ministry of Disturbance" (first appeared in Astounding Science Fiction, December 1958)
- "The Return", written with John J. McGuire (first appeared in Astounding Science Fiction, January 1954)
- "The Keeper" (first appeared in Venture Science Fiction, July 1957)
- "Bibliography of other Piper work". Zarthani.net. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Bibliography of Piper's Terrohuman Future History". Zarthani.net. Archived from the original on 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Publication Listing: "Empire"". Internet Speculative Fiction Database. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
|This article about a science fiction book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|