From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up enlightenment, Enlightenment, enlighten, or enlightened in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Enlightenment, enlighten or enlightened may refer to:
- Enlightenment (spiritual), insight or awakening to the true nature of reality
- Age of Enlightenment, period in Western intellectual history from the late 17th to the late 18th century, centered in France but also encompassing:
- Scottish Enlightenment, period in 18th century Scotland
- American Enlightenment, intellectual culture of the British North American colonies and the early United States
- Enlightenment in Poland, ideas of the Age of Enlightenment in Poland
- Catholic Enlightenment, movement within Catholicism to find answers to the secularism of the Enlightenment
- Russian Enlightenment, a period in the eighteenth century in which the government in Russia began to actively encourage the proliferation of arts and sciences
- Enlightenment in Spain, Bourbon period of reform and 'enlightened despotism'
- Modern Greek Enlightenment, an 18th-century national revival and educational movement in Greece
- Haskalah, Jewish Enlightenment, movement among European Jews in the late 18th century
- Enlightenment in Buddhism, translation of the term bodhi "awakening"
- Enlightenment in Western secular tradition, wisdom or understanding enabling clarity of perception
- Ionian Enlightenment, the origin of ancient Greek advances in philosophy and science
- Enlighten Canberra, an annual arts and cultural festival in Canberra, Australia
- "Enlightenment", the main artistic performance in the 2012 Summer Paralympics opening ceremony
- Enlightenment (software), an X Window System window manager
- Enlighten (radiosity engine), code to do real-time calculation of indirect lighting ("radiosity") in video
- Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, a set of graphics libraries
Film and television
- Enlightenment (Doctor Who), a 1983 Doctor Who serial
- Enlightened (TV series), a 2011 HBO comedy series starring Laura Dern
- Enlightenment (Van Morrison album), 1990
- Enlightenment (McCoy Tyner album), 1973
- "Enlightenment" (Van Morrison song), 1990
- Enlightened (album), a 2007 album by Dynamic Duo
- Enlightenment (soundtrack album), the soundtrack of the 2012 Summer Paralympics opening ceremony
- Project Enlightenment, an educational program
- Enlightenment Intensive, a group retreat designed to enable a spiritual enlightenment
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Enlightenment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.