From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up environment in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Environment may refer to:
Physical and cultural settings
- Environment (biophysical), the physical and biological factors along with their chemical interactions that affect an organism or a group of organisms
- Environment (systems), the surroundings of a physical system that may interact with the system by exchanging mass, energy, or other properties
- Natural environment or physical environment, in ecology, consisting of all living and non-living things
- Environmental art
- Built environment, constructed surroundings that provide the setting for human activity, ranging from the large-scale civic surroundings to the personal places.
- Knowledge environment, social practices and technological and physical arrangements intended to facilitate knowledge building, decision making, inference or discovery
- Social environment, the culture that an individual lives in, and the people and institutions with whom they interact
In arts and entertainment
- Environment (film), a 1918 silent film
- Environment (magazine), a peer-reviewed, popular environmental science publication founded in 1958
- Environments (album series), a series of LPs, cassettes and CDs depicting natural sounds
- Environment (type theory), association between variables names and data types in type theory
- Deployment environment, in software deployment, a computer system in which a computer program or software component is deployed and executed
- Desktop environment, the graphical user interface to the computer
- Environment mapping, an image-based lighting technique in computer graphics
- Environment variables, the dynamic set of variables defined in a process
- Integrated development environment, a type of software that assists computer programmers in developing software
- Runtime environment, a virtual machine state which provides software services for processes or programs while a computer is running
- Ambient (disambiguation)
- Category:Natural environment, for articles relating to the effect of human activity on the environment
- Ecology, a sub-discipline of biology often confused with the environment in general
- Environmentalism, a concern with the preservation of the environment
- List of environmental issues
- Natural landscape
- All pages beginning with "Environment"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Environment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.