Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Hans van der Hoeve (VVD)|
|• Total||157.37 km2 (60.76 sq mi)|
|• Land||156.29 km2 (60.34 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.08 km2 (0.42 sq mi)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|Population (February 2017)|
|• Density||207/km2 (540/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The municipality has a population of 32,191 (2015, source: CBS), and the town itself has a population of 15,552. The town hall stands in Epe, which is situated about 16 km (9.9 mi) north of Apeldoorn and 21 km (13 mi) south of Zwolle.
Another important town within the municipality is Vaassen (12,739 inhabitants), halfway between Epe and Apeldoorn. It has an interesting castle called 'Kasteel De Cannenburgh', which is open to visitors (guided tour compulsory). Epe, Vaassen and also the village of Oene each have a beautiful medieval church. Other population centres of interest are Emst, Gortel, Tongeren, Wissel and Zuuk.
Twin towns — sister cities
Epe is twinned with:
- Marc Overmars (Emst, 1973), football player. Played for AFC Ajax, Arsenal F.C. and F.C. Barcelona
- Teun Mulder (Zuuk, 1981), track cyclist
- Esther Hart (Epe, 1970), singer
- John Stegeman (Epe, 1976), former Manager of Heracles Almelo and former football player of Vitesse
- "College" [Board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Epe. Archived from the original on 9 July 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 8161CL". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 7 April 2017. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|