Epilepsy Association of Sierra Leone
The Epilepsy Association of Sierra Leone (EASL) is a non-profit organization based in Sierra Leone. The Epilepsy Association of Sierra Leone aims to establish Medical Assistance & training for the benefit of the indigenous population suffering from Epilepsy.
|Purpose||Fight against Epilepsy|
|Services||Training of Community Health Officers & Nurses `|
Aims & Objectives
EASL was established with passion to counter act epilepsy at grass root level. The association aims to train the local health care officers, community workers, enrolled nurses & other volunteers. More than 300 members have been successfully trained technically to treat patients. Through its programs EASL strives to achieve the following:
- To bring awareness amongst the locals and treat epilepsy as a medical condition.
- To ensure availability of anti-epileptic medication.
- To perform outreach programs and provide support to the people suffering from the disease.
Areas Of Operation
EASL has been successful in establishing treatment centers across 13 districts in Sierra Leone. Alongside the association also has 21 outreach treatment centers working towards the treatment of epilepsy.
List of Collaborators
In order to achieve the task of training local health care workers EASL has associated with other governmental and non governmental bodies. The list is as follows:
- Medical Assistance Sierra Leone (MASL)
- Evangelical Fellowship of Sierra Leone (EFSL)
- Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOH)
- St. Joseph Catholic Sisters
- "Epilepsy Association". Archived from the original on 2014-01-08.
- "Epilepsy Support".
- "training". EASL website. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Epilepsy in Sierra Leone". EASL website. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Areas of Operation". EASL website. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "collaborations". Retrieved 6 February 2014.