Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up equity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Equity may refer to:
Finance, accounting and ownership
- Equity (finance), the value of an ownership interest in property, including shareholders' equity, in a business. Equity or shareholders' equity is part of the total capital of a business.
- Stock, the generic term for common equity securities is 'stocks'
- Home equity, the difference between the market value and unpaid mortgage balance on a home
- Private equity, stock in a privately held company
- Equity in income of affiliates, an accounting term referring to the consolidated or unconsolidated ownership in affiliate companies
Business and law
- Equity (law), a branch of jurisprudence in common law jurisdictions
- Equity (economics), the study of fairness in economics
- Educational equity, the study and achievement of fairness in education
- Intergenerational equity, equality and fairness in relationships between people in different generations (including those yet to be born)
- Equity theory, on the relations and perceptions of fairness in distributions of resources within social and professional situations.
- Employment equity (Canada), policy requiring or encouraging the hiring of disenfranchised minorities
- Health equity, fairness and justice in health and healthcare
Companies and organizations
The word equity is also used in the names of the following companies and organizations:
- Equity Group Holdings Limited, a financial services provider in East Africa, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with international subsidiaries
- Equity Bank (Uganda), a subsidiary of the above company
- Equity Industries, an electronics subsidiary of Chiaphua Components Group
- Equity Music Group, a defunct American country music record label, founded by Clint Black
- EQ Office, one of the largest owners and managers of office buildings in the United States
- Actors' Equity Association, United States labor union of actors and stage managers
- Canadian Actors' Equity Association, an association in Canada
- Forum Party of Alberta, a defunct political party from Alberta, Canada also known as the Equity Party
- Equity (trade union) (formerly British Actors' Equity Association), an association in the United Kingdom
- Transportation Equity Network, American organization advocating equity-based transportation policies
- Equity, Ohio, a community in the United States
- In poker strategy, a player's expected share of the pot
- Brand equity, in marketing, the value built up in a brand
- Equity (film), a 2016 American film directed by Meera Menon
- Equity, also known as Ehrhardt, a font designed by Matthew Butterick
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Equity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.