|Born||1971 (age 50–51)|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, Musician, Educator|
Erdal Erzincan (born 1971) is a Turkish Alevi folk music musician, composer, and singer. In 1981, he moved to Istanbul and studied bağlama at the Arif Sağ music school in 1985. Since 1989, he has been studying music at Istanbul Technical University. He has conducted research on the selpe method, which is a method for playing bağlama without a plectrum, similar to the tapping method on guitar.
He released his first album “tore” in 1994.
During his career, he has worked with Turkish folk musicians Tolga Sağ, İsmail Özden, Yılmaz Çelik, Muharrem Temiz, Arif Sağ, and Erol Parlak. In 2004, he recorded an album with Kurdish musician Kayhan Kalhor.
Erdal Erzincan is married to Mercan Erzincan and has one child.
- Töre (1994)
- Garip (1996)
- Türküler Sevdamız (1997) – With İsmail Özden and Tolga Sağ
- Concerto For Bağlama (1998) – Instrumental – With Arif Sağ and Erol Parlak
- Gurbet Yollarında (1999)
- Anadolu (2000) – Instrumental
- Türküler Sevdamız 2 (2001) – With Tolga Sağ and Yılmaz Çelik
- Al Mendil (2002)
- Türküler Sevdamız 3 (2005) – Together with Tolga Sağ, Muharrem Temiz and Yılmaz Çeli
- Kervan (2006)
- The Wind (ECM, 2006) – Instrumental, with Kayhan Kalhor
- Giriftar (2008)
- Girdab-ı Mihnet (2011)
- Kula Kulluk Yakışır Mı (ECM, 2013) with Kayhan Kalhor
- Karasu (2016) – Instrumental
- Döngü (2018)
- Bağlama İçin Besteler (2019)
- Beş Bağlama Konserleri (2019)
- Şelpe (2019) – Instrumental