||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2011)|
Eric Beecher is an Australian journalist, editor and media proprietor. He was editor of the Sydney Morning Herald for four years and for three years was editor-in-chief of the Herald and Weekly Times group.
In 1990, he founded Text Publishing, which he sold to Fairfax Media in 2003 for $66 million. He purchased Crikey in 2005 for $1 million from its founder Stephen Mayne, a former Liberal staffer, now a local council politician. He is a shareholder in Australian Independent Business Media, publisher of the online magazines Business Spectator and Eureka Report. In 2007, he received a Walkley Award for journalistic leadership.
- "Eric Beecher". Melbourne Writers Festival. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- Fairfax makes friendly bid for Text Media
- Jackson, Sally (24 August 2009). "Fairfax accuses website of plagiarism". The Australian. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "About Eureka". Eureka Report. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Past Winners - Eric Beecher". The Walkley Foundation. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
|This Australian journalist biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|