This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eric Christensen (born March 12, 1969) is an award-winning US Visual Effects Supervisor and Chief Executive Officer of two Visual Effects Companies.
Christensen was born in Redding, California. Christensen quit ILM to form his own company, "RotoFactory" in 2006 to offer other visual effects shops in the United States an opportunity to keep their 2D outsourcing domestic. In 2010, Christensen expanded into New Orleans, Louisiana, to offer expanded services to the major motion picture studios as well as a 30% tax incentive allowed by the state of Louisiana. Christensen's Factory VFX also began training programs to assist New Orleans residents in developing a new industry, working with both government programs and local city non-profits, Factory VFX is helping revitalize a city stricken with natural and man-made disasters.
Aside from his Visual Effects film-work, Christensen also runs three additional companies all under the banner of Christensen Media Services that includes television production, digital and print publications.
- "New Orleans gains seasoned visual effects firm with Factory VFX, Inc". Greater New Orleans, Inc. Regional Economic Alliance. January 1, 2011. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- Hart, Steve (November 29, 2010). "RotoFactory expands to New Orleans". Press Democrat. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- Larino, Jennifer (January 26, 2011). "FX company to open NOLA office". New Orleans City Business. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "Tax Credits Help New Orleans Gain Another Great Film Industry Partner!". 225 Alive. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- Thompson, Richard (February 13, 2011). "Post-production special effects movie company opens in Covington". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- Hart, Steve (May 13, 2008). "Startup goes blockbuster". The Press Democrat. Retrieved May 14, 2012.