Eric Green (cornerback)
March 16, 1982 |
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||196 lb (89 kg)|
|High school:||Clewiston (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2005 / Round: 3 / Pick: 75|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Eric Denaud Green (born March 16, 1982) is a former American football cornerback. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia Tech.
Green played high school football at Clewiston High School in Clewiston, Florida where he played quarterback, wide receiver, and defensive back. He earned All-State Honors as a senior with 1,100 passing yards and 400+ rushing.
Green played college football for the Virginia Tech Hokies. During his career, he recorded 143 tackles (91 solo), four blocked kicks, and 25 pass deflections. He also posted eight interceptions with 264 return yards, third most in school history.
San Francisco 49ers
Green signed with the San Francisco 49ers hours after being released by the Dolphins on August 19.
In January 2010, Green was named in a lawsuit that alleged he forcibly a transgender woman in Arizona. That lawsuit was dismissed. Green's attorney claim Green was never served. The plaintiff's attorney claims there was a settlement offer. In October 2010, the suit was re-filed in federal court. The suit asks for $10 million.
- CB Green, DE Smith sign one-year, $2.017 million tenders
- Dolphins sign free agent CB Eric Green
- Florio, Mike (January 28, 2010). "Eric Green faces sexual assault suit". NBC Sports. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- Florio, Mike (October 14, 2010). "Bizarre sexual assault suit against Eric Green is re-filed". NBC Sports. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- Swift, Aisling (October 13, 2010). "Transgender woman alleges rape in Fort Myers lawsuit against NFL cornerback Eric Green". Naples Daily News. Retrieved 15 October 2010.