|Born||19 February 1953|
Nelson, Lancashire, England
|Occupation||Antique ceramics expert|
Knowles joined the London auction house Bonhams auctioneers as a porter in the ceramics department in 1976 and became head of the department in 1981. By 1992 he was given responsibility for setting up Bonham's offices in Bristol. He has since returned to London to continue with directing the Decorative Arts Department.
He first earned fame as a ceramics expert on the BBC's Antiques Roadshow. He has also appeared in such programmes as, Going for a Song, Going, Going, Gone, Noel's House Party, Call My Bluff and 20th Century Roadshow. He has presented the 20 episodes of Restoration Roadshow on BBC for several weeks in the summer of 2010 (ending 3 September). He is the challenger setter and adjudicator on BBC Two's Antiques Master assisting host Sandi Toksvig. As of 2012, he is on the UK TV show Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. After Tim Wonnacott left Bargain Hunt, Knowles became one of a number of 'guest presenters' hosting the show.
Knowles is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and an Ambassador for the Prince's Trust. Knowles is associated with several other charities including Headway, FABLE (For a better life with epilepsy), the New Mozart Orchestra and Wycombe Scanappeal.
On 3 May 2015, it was reported that his son Seb was killed in a road accident.
- "Biography" Archived 2008-10-13 at the Wayback Machine Manchester Television Personalities
- "Eric Knowles: Fine Art & Antiques Auctioneer & Expert". Dfmanagement.tv. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Eric Knowles - antiques expert, celebrity and after dinner speaker". Nyt.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2013-05-05. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- on YouTube
- Radio Times; August 23–29
- "BBC One - Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is". Bbc.co.uk. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Andrew Colley (13 May 2015). "Seb Knowles, son of Eric Knowles, died after a car crash on the motorway". Bucks Free Press.
|This biographical article related to British television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|