Eric Vishria (born 1979) is a general partner at Benchmark, a venture capital firm based in Silicon Valley. Previously, he was CEO and co-founder of Rockmelt and served as vice president at Yahoo  following Yahoo's acquisition of Rockmelt.
Vishria graduated from Stanford University at age 19 with a B.S. in Mathematical & Computational Science and a minor in Human Biology. He began his career in investment banking at Broadview International and got his first entrepreneurial experience as an early employee at Loudcloud and later Opsware. When Opsware was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2007 for $1.65 billion, Vishria was serving as VP of Marketing. At HP, Eric was Vice President of the Products, Software, Technology Solutions Group in HP Software.
In October 2008, Vishria left HP to co-found RockMelt with Tim Howes, and launched the RockMelt social browser in November 2010. In 2013, RockMelt was acquired by Yahoo for a reported $60–70 million, where Vishria started working as a Yahoo VP. In 2014, Vishria joined Benchmark as a general partner, the first partner addition in over 6 years. In November 2014, Vishria led Benchmark's investment in Confluent, an open-source data platform built around Apache Kafka. 
In 2015, he led Benchmark’s investments in Bugsnag, an automated crash-detection platform, and Amplitude, a provider of mobile and Web-based analytics that tracks user behavior. In 2016, Vishria led the firm’s investment in Contentful, a content management platform.
- "You likely haven't heard of Benchmark's new GP and that says everything about where Benchmark is going". Pando. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- The New York Times, Web Browsing Takes a Social Turn https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/technology/08browser.html?_r=1
- Hempel, Jessi. "Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's moment of truth". Fortune. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- Geron, Tomio. "Yahoo Acquires Rockmelt Social Browser, Will Shut Down Apps". Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- eWeek, LoudCloud Updates myLoudCloud Portal http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Applications/Loudcloud-Updates-myLoudCloud-Portal
- Enterprise Systems, Opsware Taking the Pain Out of Network Management http://esj.com/articles/2005/03/15/opsware-taking-the-pain-out-of-network-management.aspx
- HP Corporate Biographies, 2008 http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2008/techforum/bi_vishria.pdf
- Yahoo Paid $60M to $70M for Rockmelt — Will Dump Browser and Use Tech to Better Deliver Its Media and Mobile Properties http://allthingsd.com/20130802/yahoo-paid-60m-to-70m-for-rockmelt-will-dump-browser-and-use-tech-to-better-deliver-its-media-and-mobile-properties/
- Yahoo acquires Rockmelt browser http://www.indiawest.com/news/12792-yahoo-acquires-web-browsing-software-developer-rockmelt.html
- Rockmelt Co-Founder Eric Vishria Joins Benchmark As Its Newest Partner https://techcrunch.com/2014/07/23/eric-vishria-benchmark/
- Lawler, Ryan. "Benchmark Backs Real-Time Data Processing Startup Confluent". www.techcrunch.com. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Loizos, Connie. "Bugsnag Nabs $7.2 Million in Series A Funding Led By Benchmark". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- Ha, Anthony. "Amplitude Raises $9M For A New Approach To Analytics And Pricing". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "Berlin's Contentful raises $13 million to grow its API-driven content management system in the U.S". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|