|Born||October 21, 1958
|Alma mater||Boston University|
Ferencik was born in Urbana, Illinois and later obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in painting and French from University of Massachusetts and later a Master of Arts in creative writing from Boston University.
Ferencik did stand-up comedy for ten years at various comedy clubs in Boston and New York and was also was a material writer for David Letterman during the early years of his national late-night show.
- Ghost wrote "The Mutation", one in a series by Katherine Applegate
- Novella "The Inheritance" a finalist in 2005 Malahat Review Novella Competition
- Wrote and made prizewinning short film "New Stepmom"
- Frequent writer/performer for National Public Radio's "Morning Edition"
- Thriller screenplay, "Mob Dot Com", co-written with Rick D'Elia, optioned by Goodman Productions
- Radio My Way, Pearson Education - 2011
- Repeaters was awarded a starred Kirkus Review and named to Kirkus Reviews Best of 2012
- Eden, Deirdra (30 September 2011). "Interview with Author Erica Ferencik". Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Ferencik, Erica (September 17, 2011). Repeaters. Waking Dream Press. ISBN 978-0981574110.
- Ferencik, Erica (August 15, 2008). Cracks in the Foundation. Waking Dream Press. ISBN 978-0981574103.
- "Repeaters". Kirkus Reviews (Kirkus Media). 15 August 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-23.