Eriksdalsbadet in Stockholm, summer 2006
Eriksdalsbadet is the biggest swimming centre in Stockholm, Sweden The outdoor pool was built for the 1962 European Aquatics Championships. The new Eriksdalsbadet was built 1999 and was designed by architect Björn Thynberger.
- 25 m swimming pool with a depth of mostly 2.5 m but it varies due to a specially-constructed raisable floor. Hosting FINA Swimming World Cup and Arena Diving Champions Cup annually.
- 50 m pool (Olympic size swimming pool) with a depth of 2.20 m at the edges and 2.60 m in the middle of the pool
- 50 m outdoor pool
- bubble pools
- learning pool
- "Lilla bassängen", the small pool, also with a raisable floor, most commonly 90 cm deep
- diving tower with 3.5 m and 10 m high platforms
- an adventure world for children
The water temperature is usually 27 degrees Celsius.
After an increase of sexual harassment by migrant boys during the European migrant crisis of 2015. the direction chose to institute gender segregated jacuzzi in 2016. That measure was found insufficient to stop the incidents as a group of boys harassed girls in the adventure bath and therefore extra security guards were hired and security cameras were installed. The sales of the annual memberships decreased 11% between February 2015 and February 2016. The local municipality stated that "the debate about sexual harassment at the premises", rather than the harassment itself, had decreased sales.
In 2016, reports of possible sexual abuse in pools used by both men and women prompted officials at the Eriksdalsbadet to separate the pools by gender on certain occasions, with one for women and one for men. According to unit manager Sara Franzén Shilwan, Eriksdalsbadet takes all reports of abuse seriously, and "all incidents are reported to the police."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eriksdalsbadet.|
- ""Vi är nedringda av oroliga föräldrar" - DN.SE". DN.SE (in Swedish). 2016-02-01. Archived from the original on 13 June 2017. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Efter sexövergreppen: Eriksdalsbadet vill ha fler vakter och kameror". www.stockholmdirekt.se (in Swedish). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Radio, Sveriges. "Könsuppdelade bubbelpooler efter sexuella ofredanden - P4 Stockholm". Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Nyheter, SVT. "Eriksdalsbadets försäljning av hel- och halvårskort har minskat". SVT Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Könsuppdelade bubbelpooler efter sexuella ofredanden - P4 Stockholm". RadioSveriges (in Swedish). 8 January 2016.
Under lång tid har badhuset fått önskemål om en pool för kvinnor och en för män och i november och under december har polisanmälningarna om sexuellt ofredande ökat, berättar Sara Franzén Shilwan, enhetschef på Eriksdalsbadet. Enhetschef Sara Franzen Shilwan säger att man tar problemet på allvar, alla incidenter polisanmäls.