|Birth name||Erin Kate Hamilton|
|Born||August 14, 1968|
Erin Kate Hamilton (born August 14, 1968) is an American dance and electronic music singer. The daughter of actress Carol Burnett and TV producer Joe Hamilton, she has scored several hits on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart. She is the youngest of her mother's three children, and the youngest of her father's 11 children.
Prior to a dance music career, Hamilton was a member of several jazz and blues-influenced bands (As Is, Komba Kalla) and played at the House of Blues. Her first solo single was a cover version of Gary Wright's 1975 hit "Dream Weaver", released in 1998. Her debut album, One World, was released the following year. The album also included a cover of Cheap Trick's hit "The Flame". To promote the album, she opened for artists such as Bette Midler and Whitney Houston. In 2008, her cover of "The Flame" was remixed and re-released (as "The Flame 08"), and this version hit number one on the U.S. dance chart in April.
With her husband, producer-writer Trae Carlson, Hamilton had son Zachary, born circa 1997. After that marriage ended, Hamilton had a relationship with Tanya Sanchez who died by suicide in 2001. In January 2002, Hamilton's sister, Carrie Hamilton, died of cancer. With Kurt West, Hamilton has son Dylan, born circa 2006 or 2007.
- 1999 One World
- 1998 "Dream Weaver" (#20 U.S. dance)
- 1999 "The Flame" (#12 U.S. dance)
- 1999 "Satisfied" (#47 U.S. dance)
- 2000 "The Temple" (#42 U.S. dance)
- 2002 "I Got the Music in Me" (#17 U.S. dance)
- 2008 "The Flame 08" (#1 U.S. dance)
- 2008 "Control Yourself" (#1 U.S. dance)
- List of No. 1 dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the U.S. dance chart
- Koirala, Kareena (January 25, 2020). "Carol Burnett Has Been Blessed with 3 Daughters - Meet Them All". AmoMmama.com. Retrieved August 31, 2020.
- Youen, Michael (February 7, 2000). "Short and Sweet". Metroactive. San Jose, California: Metro Newspapers. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013.
I was born on August 14.
- Yasharoff, Hannah (August 20, 2020). "Carol Burnett seeks guardianship of grandson while daughter Erin deals with 'addiction issues'". USA Today. Archived from the original on August 20, 2020. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
Hamilton, 52 [as of August 20, 2020]
- Hausman, Steven (May 14, 2002). "Erin Hamilton Dancing as Fast as She Can". The Advocate. No. 863. Here Publishing. ISSN 0001-8996. Archived from the original on August 20, 2020. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
...her then-husband, producer-writer Trae Carlson, and their son, Zachary, now 5. ... In 2001 she found an intense new love — her first committed relationship with a woman. But just months after Tanya Sanchez came into her life, she committed suicide in Hamilton's Los Angeles house.(partial archive only)
- "Mini Diva" Erin Hamilton Jams with NAJM
- Billboard biography
- Merrett, Robyn (August 19, 2020). "Carol Burnett Seeking Legal Guardianship of Grandson amid Daughter's Substance Abuse Issues". People. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
...my 14-year-old grandson,' Burnett says in a statement to People.
- Citing court records: Naumann, Ryan (August 19, 2020). "Carol Burnett Files Legal Documents To Become Temporary Guardian Of Grandson Due To Daughter's Issues". The Blast. Archived from the original on August 20, 2020. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
...guardianship of her 13-year-old grandson(scroll down for archive text)
- Artist Chart History