Essex Savings Bank
|Privately held company|
Gregory R. Shook, President & CEO|
Shawn P. Honan, C.P.A., CFO
Lynn K. Giroux, Chief administrative officer
|Total assets||$375 million (2017)|
|Total equity||$45 million (2017)|
Essex Savings Bank is a bank headquartered in Essex, Connecticut. It operates 6 branches, all of which are in Connecticut. The company also operates a trust department and has 22 financial advisors with $3.4 billion of assets under management.
The bank's branch served as a gathering place for many skippers who met there between voyages to discuss their adventures.
The first bank president was Henry L. Champlin, a sea captain.
- "FDIC Bank Info: Essex Savings Bank". Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- "Essex Savings Bank to Contribute $257,991 to Charity". The Day. February 13, 2013.
- Schenk, Peggy (January 8, 2001). "Essex Savings Bank seeks memorabilia of 150 years". New Haven Register.
- Howard, Lee (December 4, 2015). "Essex Financial founder fined, suspended". The Day.
- Howard, Lee (November 26, 2017). "Essex Financial on a comeback". The Day.