A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ethan Hart Minsker (born August 25, 1969) is an American writer, filmmaker, artist, fanzine publisher and founding member of the Antagonist Movement. His work has received a feature in the French-edition of Vice magazine.
A music video Minsker made for the Washington punk band Desiderata was featured on the independent section on MTV's 120 Minutes. His thesis project Amorosis, a 30-minute, 16 mm narrative film, was a finalist at the New York Film Festival. After graduating with honors, Minsker began working on independent films and music videos as a grip and electric.
Minsker's first music documentary was Anything Boys Can Do. The film was exhibited at Exit Art Gallery and the Brooklyn Museum. The film won several awards and played in 50 film festivals worldwide.
Anything Boys Can Do was followed by The Stick Up Artists in 1999, The Soft Hustle (2000), Mark of the Ninja (2004), Touching a Van Gogh (2004), This Is Berlin, Not New York (2008), and The Dolls of Lisbon in 2011, which was featured as part of a special screening at the Queens Museum of Art in New York City.
Self Medicated (2014) is a documentary film about art, artists, and their struggles to stay happy. It documents the history of the Antagonist Movement and the artists involved.
Minsker has published several books starting with Rich Boy Cries For Momma, which was featured in the art show "I Bleed Black" at the Marianne Boesky Gallery. Barstool Prophets followed in 2011 and is a fictional memoir.
- "The Antagonist Movement". Antagonist Movement. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Antagonist Blogspot". Antagonist Movement. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "VIOLENCE GRATUITE ET DENTS PÉTÉES; January 2013, ETHAN MINSKER A ÉCRIT UN ROMAN SUR LES DÉBUTS SANGLANTS DU PUNK AMÉRICAIN". Julien Morel. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Desiderata (2) - Desiderata (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Broadway Damage Credits". Broadwaydamage.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Event: Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art, Forum". Brooklyn Museum. 2009-10-31. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Lesbian & Gay Film Fest Continues For Second Week - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 1997-11-14. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Film Archive - Melbourne International Film Festival". MIFF. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Touching a Van Gogh". Rome Independent Film Festival. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Queens Museum of Art DysTorpia Media Project//". queensmuseum.org. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "Antagonist Founder Talks Documentary". Victoria Advocate. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Interview with Ethan Minsker". WhiteHot Magazine. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "The Art Handler Show:I Bleed Black - Press Release". Marianne Boesky Gallery. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "The Local East Village //". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.