|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The EuroPowerPack is the combination of the MTU MT883 Ka-500/501 diesel engine delivering over 1100 kW (1500 PS) shaft power with the five-speed Renk HSWL 295TM automatic transmission for the use in heavy tracked vehicles like tanks.
This very compact power pack delivers as much or more power than the most powerful tank engines currently in service, but offers increased fuel efficiency and needs less space.
- Engine: MTU MT883 Ka-500/501 27.4-litre (27,361 cc) 90° V-block 12-cylinder liquid-cooled diesel engine
- Bore x stroke: 144 mm x 140 mm (5.669 inches X 5.512 inches)
- Aspiration: 2x single-stage turbocharged & air-to-liquid intercooled (charged-air cooler)
- Fuel system: Mechanical fuel line pump or Common rail (Ka-500)/Common rail (Ka-501)
- Coolant capacity: 29.05 gallons
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Lubricant capacity: 21.13 gallons
- Engine length: 1,488 mm (58.583 inches)
- Engine width: 972 mm (38.268 inches)
- Engine height: 742 mm (29.213 inches)
- Dry weight (estimated): 1,800 kg (3,968 lbs)
- Power: 1,500 hp (Ka-500)/1,630 hp (Ka-501) @ 2,700 rpm
- Torque: 3,352 lb·ft (Ka-500)/3,687 lb·ft (Ka-501) @ 2,000 rpm
The EuroPowerPack is used in:
- . Truck Trend Network, MTU MT-883 V-12, 20 February 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
|This military vehicle article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|