EURONEAR, the European Near Earth Asteroids Research, is a research project which aims to develop a research network which will search, discover and monitor near-Earth asteroids (NEAs) and potentially hazardous asteroids (PHAs) using two automated dedicated 1–2 metre telescopes located in both hemispheres and other facilities available to the members of the network.
Institutions which collaborate in this project are:
- Institut de mécanique céleste et de calcul des éphémérides (IMCCE), France (May 2006)
- European Southern Observatory (ESO), Chile (Sep 2006)
- Universidad Católica del Norte Instituto de Astronomía, Chile (Mar 2007)
- Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes (ING), La Palma, Spain (Jan 2008)
- Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC), Tenerife, Spain (Apr 2009)
The dates represent the time at which the institutions joined the project.
|This astronomy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|