European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
|41 Full members
2 Candidate members
|Padraig Walsh (President)
Helka Kekäläinen (Vice-President)
Josep Grifoll (Vice-President)
Tove Blytt Holmen
The European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) formerly (The European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education) was established as an organization to represent quality assurance and accreditation organisations from the European Higher Education Area and internationally. Its members and affiliates are agencies with a demonstrable interest in the quality assurance of higher education accreditation.
In 2003, the Ministers of the Bologna process asked ENQA to elaborate "an agreed set of standards, procedures and guidelines" for higher education. The task was completed and European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance (ESG) was adopted by the Bologna Process Ministers in 2005. and was revised in 2015. In April 2015, the Asian Minister for Education was seeking Asia and European cooperation between universities in Europe and Asia to help improve quality of education, student mobility and ultimately the employ-ability of graduates. The PIE News wrote an article in September 2015 stating that ENQA in conjunction with the British Accreditation Council introduced an accreditation scheme for any independent UK or overseas university that wishes to gain accreditation from the British Accreditation Council. Paul Fear, CEO of the British Accreditation Council was quoted in the article stating "This scheme brings the two agencies together, so it doesn't matter if you're in the UK or if you're overseas, it’ll still be accredited as the same scheme."
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- In 2011, ENQA hosted a seminar jointly with the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).
- "ENQA - European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education". ECCE - The European Council On Chiropractic Education e.V.
- "2014 General Assembly and Members’ Forum". ENQA.
- "Background". 24 January 2013.
- "Ministers seek Asia-Europe cooperation on skills gap". University World News.
- "BAC launches overseas HE accreditation". The PIE News l UK.
- http://www.chea.org/recognition/policy_brief_links_chea.asp[dead link]
- http://www.chea.org/intdb/qa-organizations.asp[dead link]
- "INQAAHE/ENQA joint conference on Internationalisation and QA: Connecting European and Global Experiences". ENQA.