European Association of Geochemistry
The European Association of Geochemistry is a pan-European organization founded to promotes geochemical research. The EAG organizes conferences, meetings and educational courses for geochemists in Europe, including the Goldschmidt Conference which it co-sponsors with the North American Geochemical Society.
The European Association of Geochemistry has won the following awards:
- The Urey Medal (European Association of Geochemistry) for outstanding contributions advancing geochemistry over a career.
- The Science Innovation Award for an important and innovative breakthrough in geochemistry.
- The Houtermans Award for exceptional contributions to geochemistry made by scientists under 35 years old.
- Geochemical Fellows - Awarded annually by the Geochemical Society and the European Association of Geochemistry to outstanding scientists who have, over some years, made a major contribution to the field of geochemistry.
The European Association of Geochemistry publishes, co-publishes, or sponsors the following:
- Geochemical Perspectives - 4 issues a year
- Geochemical Perspectives Letters - New journal
- Elements: An International Magazine of Mineralogy, Geochemistry, and Petrology - 6 issues a year
- Chemical Geology - 24 issues a year
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|