|Born||December 8, 1984|
|Alma mater||Cornell University, Cornell Law School|
|Title||Founder and President|
Euwyn Poon is a Singapore-born entrepreneur who founded Spin, a shared electric scooter company based in San Francisco that was acquired by Ford in 2018, and is the founding partner of venture capital firm Moso Capital. Poon graduated from Cornell University in 2004 at the age of 18 with a degree in Computer Science and Cornell Law School in 2007. After earning a J.D. from Cornell Law School, he practiced M&A and securities law at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett from 2007 to 2009.
In 2017, Poon and co-founders Derrick Ko and Zaizhuang Cheng started Spin, which became the first company to launch a shared micro-mobility solution in the United States when it launched orange-colored bicycles with GPS-enabled locks in Seattle in July. In early 2018, Spin introduced electric scooters to its fleet of shared vehicles, which resulted in rapid growth of the business until its acquisition by Ford in November. Spin operated as the micro-mobility unit of Ford as part of Ford Smart Mobility until March 2022, when it was acquired by Berlin's Tier Mobility, a leading shared mobility company.
- Flynn, Kerry (2018-05-21). "How Spin is marketing itself in the scooter wars". Digiday. Archived from the original on 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Rapier, Graham. "The CEO of a scooter startup bought by Ford reveals how it's getting a leg up on its rivals". Business Insider. Archived from the original on 2019-04-01. Retrieved 2019-04-01.
- "Spin, E-Scooter Startup Born of a 2016 Trip to China, Sells to Ford in Multimillion-Dollar Deal". Inc.com. 2018-11-08. Archived from the original on 2018-11-18. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Archived from the original on 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Ford Acquires Scooter Start-up Spin". Cheddar. Archived from the original on 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Rao, Leena. "Opzi: A Quora For The Enterprise". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Does First Round Capital have the most powerful network in the Valley?". Fortune. Archived from the original on 2018-03-14. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Lloyd, Sarah Anne (2017-07-17). "Seattle's first dockless bike share is officially here". Curbed Seattle. Archived from the original on 2018-11-23. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- "Ford buying San Francisco-area e-scooter startup Spin". Reuters. 2018-11-08. Archived from the original on 2019-01-12. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- "Cheddar Rides: Hitting the Streets with the Scooter Frenzy". Cheddar. Archived from the original on 2019-04-01. Retrieved 2019-04-01.
- "Ford sells electric scooter unit Spin to Berlin's Tier". 2 March 2022.