Pel's work has dealt with the role of power and control in contemporary society. Her work has taken many different forms, like sculptural interventions, photographic research and publications.
From 1993 to 1997 Pel studied Urban geography at the University of Amsterdam and in 1996 at the School of Urban Planning at University of California, Los Angeles. She finished her degree with the thesis Skateboarders exploring urban public space: Ollies, obstacles and conflicts
Residencies, collections and publications
In 2009 she published Observations of a Celebration NL&NY 2009 in collaboration with graphic designer Claudia Doms. The interview newspaper Fame was published in 2005 with graphic design by Natasha Chandani.
- 2014 Janson's and other stories - Lucas Hoeben, 37PK, Haarlem
- 2013 Over het Huis en de Dingen, Frankendael Foundation, Amsterdam
- 2012 Expand, Explore, Expose, Salzamt, Linz, Austria (+ catalogue)
- 2010 Tv Talkshow; the story of the Netherlands, Gallery Witzenhausen, NYC
- 2011 Research and Destroy, Royal Gallery, Royal Art Academy, The Hague
- 2008 LadyFest Amsterdam 2008, Chiellerie, Amsterdam
- 2008 MudPie, Artistic research on art as art and art and life, W139, Amsterdam.
- Karsten, Lia; Pel, Eva (2000). Journal of Housing and the Built Environment. 15 (4): 327–340. doi:10.1023/A:1010166007804. Missing or empty
- Archive Rietveld alumni "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-10-06.
- Master Artistic Research 
- Salzamt Linz (in German)
- 37PK, Haarlem http://www.37pk.nl/agenda
- Exhibition archive Huize Frankendael  (in Dutch)
- Linz Presse  (in German)
- Official website of 'Story of The Netherlands'