February 21, 1990 |
Khabarovsk, Russian SFSR,
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
|NHL Draft||75th overall, 2008
New York Rangers
Yevgeni Igorevitch Grachyov (Russian: Евге́ний И́горевич Грачё́в; born February 21, 1990), also known as Evgeny Grachev, is a Russian professional ice hockey centreman currently playing for Amur Khabarovsk of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He was drafted into the National Hockey League (NHL) by the New York Rangers in 2008, playing for both the Rangers and St. Louis Blues organizations prior to joining the KHL.
Grachyov played one game with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl of the Russian Superleague (RSL) in the 2007–08 season. He was then selected 75th overall by the New York Rangers in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft on June 21, 2008. He was also drafted 40th overall in the Canadian Hockey League (CHL) Import Draft by the Brampton Battalion of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). After scoring 40 goals and 40 assists for 80 points in 60 games and posting a +48 plus-minus rating, Grachyov was announced as the winner of the Emms Family Award as OHL Rookie of the Year on April 8, 2009.
In the 2009–10 season, Grachyov played with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL), the Rangers' top-level minor league affiliate, where he scored 12 goals and 16 assists in his first season as a professional in North America. He was called-up to the Rangers on October 8, 2009, but was later reassigned to Hartford the following day without playing having played a game for New York.
Grachyov was again called up to the Rangers on October 28, 2010, and made his NHL debut against the Carolina Hurricanes on October 29, 2010. He was returned to Hartford on November 8 after playing six games for the Rangers. On January 23, 2011, he was again promoted to New York, but again sent down for two games with the Connecticut Whale – the Rangers' new AHL affiliate – during the NHL All-Star break. He was recalled to the Rangers on January 30, 2011, but returned to the Whale on February 1 without playing another game with the Rangers. In 73 games with the Whale in 2010–11, Grachyov scored 16 goals and had 22 assists for 38 total points. He also tied with Pavel Valentenko for the team lead with a plus/minus rating of +21.
On June 25, 2011, Grachyov was traded to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for a third-round draft pick in 2011. His first NHL point came on an assist in a game against the Philadelphia Flyers on October 22, 2011. Grachyov scored his first career NHL goal on December 26 against the Dallas Stars' Andrew Raycroft.
Regular season and playoffs
|2010–11||Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale||AHL||73||16||22||38||21||6||0||2||2||4|
|2010–11||New York Rangers||NHL||8||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||St. Louis Blues||NHL||26||1||3||4||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|World Junior Championships|
|IIHF U18 Championships|
Awards and achievements
- Evgeny Grachyov's profile and statistics (also in Russian) at KHL.ru
- "Evgeny Grachev named OHL rookie of the year". ontariohockeyleague.com. April 8, 2009. Archived from the original on April 13, 2009. Retrieved April 8, 2009.
- "Grachev assigned to Hartford". New York Rangers. September 27, 2009. Retrieved September 28, 2009.
- "Rangers return Grachev to Hartford". National Hockey League. Retrieved October 14, 2009.
- "New York Rangers transactions". Yahoo!. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- "Rangers call up Grachev from Hartford". nhl.com. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- Zipay, S. "Grachev makes NHL debut for Rangers". Newsday. Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- "Rangers return Grachev to Hartford". nhl.com. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- "Del Zotto, Grachev up from Whale". nhl.com. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "Rangers Recall Del Zotto, Grachev, Newbury". nhl.com. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "Grachev returned to Connecticut". nhl.com. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "Connecticut Whale 2010–11 Individual Stats". Connecticut Whale. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Astorian, Laura. "Blues Acquire Evgeny Grachev From New York Rangers For 72nd Overall Pick". SB Nation. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- "Evgeny Grachev Game Log". St. Louis Blues. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Evgeny Grachyov career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Evgeny Grachyov's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Evgeny Grachyov profile at Eurohockey.com
- RussianProspects.com Evgeny Grachev Profile
- Evgeny Grachyov player profile at NHL.com
|Awards and achievements|
|Winner of the Emms Family Award