This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2014)
The EvoSwitch data centre in the Waarderpolder (Haarlem) is known for hosting the Wikimedia Foundation's PoP that serves as web cache for traffic from Europe, as part of a €300,000 donation of in-kind support to the foundation.
In 2012 the company announced the signing of a long-term lease to open its WDC1 data center in Manassas, Virginia, near Washington, D.C., where many other companies needing "colocation and interconnection services" are based. They expect this location to facilitate business with providers such as Verizon and Sidera Networks. They would compete to provide cloud computing and virtual services against companies including CenturyLink's Savvis, Terremark and Equinix.
The WDC1 data center was created by leasing three one-megawatt data halls from the COPT6 (PowerLoft) data center in Manassas. The PowerLoft site is located in the Innovation Technology Park of George Mason University, a 1600-acre campus whose other tenants include "the FBI Northern Virginia Resident Agency, American Type Culture Collection, Mediatech ... the GMU/NIH Biosafety Research Laboratory, the Virginia Department of Forensics Science, Comcast, [and] Zestron".
Partners and competitors
It has an agreement with IX Reach.
- "IX Reach partners with EvoSwitch". Data Centres News. 2013-10-03. Archived from the original on 2014-03-07. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- Press Release of 22 June 2009 on Wikimedia Foundation blog
- Wikipedia komt straks uit Haarlem article in Het Parool, 24 June 2009
- Sean Buckley (2012-11-14). "EvoSwitch takes on the U.S. data center market".
- Rich Miller (2012-11-12). "Evoswitch Enters US Market With Virginia Data Center". Data Center Knowledge.
- "Innovation Technology Park". Prince William County Department of Economic Development. Archived from the original on 2014-10-17. This reference includes an aerial photograph of the recently constructed PowerLoft facility in the foreground.
- "Haarlem (Netherlands) New Data Centre Policy – Project CATALYST". Retrieved 2022-06-17.
- "LINX NoVA Launch Internet Exchange Services at EvoSwitch". IX Reach. 2014-01-28.