Exorcisms and Ecstasies
Dust-jacket from the first edition
|Author||Karl Edward Wagner|
|Illustrator||Jeffrey K. Potter|
|Cover artist||Jeffrey K. Potter|
|Genre||fantasy, horror short stories|
|Publisher||Fedogan & Bremer|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
|Pages||xviii, 561 pp|
Exorcisms and Ecstasies is a collection of fantasy and horror short stories by author Karl Edward Wagner. The collection also includes a number of memoirs and articles about Wagner and is edited by Stephen Jones. It was released in 1997 by Fedogan & Bremer in an edition of 2,100 copies, of which 100 included Wagner's signature taken from a canceled check or contract. The limited edition was also signed by the artist, editor and other contributors to the collection. Many of the stories originally appeared in a number of different anthologies and collections or in the magazines Beyond Fantasy & Science Fiction, Kadath, Weird Tales, The Centralite, Midnight Sun, Fantasy Crossroads and Gauntlet.
- "Introduction: Talking with Karl", by Stephen Jones
- "Midnight Sun"
- Exorcisms and Ecstasies
- "Various Encounters with Karl" by Peter Straub
- "Did They Get You to Trade?"
- "The Kind Men Like"
- "Cedar Lane"
- "The Slug"
- "Final Cut"
- "Locked Away"
- "Endless Night"
- "A Walk on the Wild Side"
- "Little Lessons in Gardening"
- "I’ve Come to Talk with You Again"
- "An Awareness of Angels"
- "But You’ll Never Follow Me"
- "Plan 10 from Inner Space"
- "Prince of the Punks"
- "The Picture of Jonathan Collins"
- "Brushed Away"
- "In the Middle of a Snow Dream"
- "The Big Dutchman", by Frances Wellman
- Silver Dagger: Kane"
- Satan’s Gun: Adrian Becker
- "Doc Wagner", by Jenny Campbell
- "Satan’s Gun"
- "Hell Creek"
- "One Paris Night"
- "The Truth Insofar as I Know It, by David Drake
- Tell Me, Dark: Uncollected Stories
- "Brother Karl: Stories First and Last, by James R. Wagner
- "The Education of Gergy-doo-doo"
- "The Coming of Ghor"
- "A Fair Cop"
- "Karl Edward Wagner: Sassenach", by Brian Lumley
- "Karl Edward Wagner: A Working Bibliography of English Language First Editions", by Scott F. Wyatt & Stephen Jones
- "Afterword: Karl Edward Wagner—A Personal Farewell", by C. Bruce Hunter
- "Death Angel’s Shadow"
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento. "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)". Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. pp. 256–257.
|This article about a collection of fantasy short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|