Eye Level Learning
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Seoul, Republic of Korea (Global HQ); Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, United States|
|Dr. Young Joong Kang: Founder and Chairman|
Eye Level Learning, formerly known as E.nopi, offers supplementary educational programs from Daekyo. The name "Eye Level Learning" is used internationally whilst in South Korea, where Daekyo is headquartered, it is named "Noonnoppi" (Hangul: 눈높이) meaning "eye level".
Established in 1976, Daekyo provides a systematic learning method developed by Dr. Young Joong Kang. Eye Level helps children master every learning concept through individualized coaching with a small step approach based on each child’s ability, which is the core of the Eye Level education philosophy. Eye Level nurtures self-confident, self-motivated and creative problem solvers who master arithmetic operations and critical thinking. The program consists of Eye Level Math, which includes Basic and Critical Thinking Math, Eye Level English which includes four main concepts (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) and Eye Level Korean. For almost 40 years, Eye Level has provided a unique system of learning with a philosophy of placing its students first, whilst allowing its franchisees to maintain effective and efficient business models.
Eye Level is one of the foremost global leaders in supplemental education. As a result, Eye Level has significantly grown in the numbers of centers and student enrollment throughout North America and Asia. More than 2.5 million children in 25 countries have benefited from the Eye Level program. Eye Level Learning centers are located around the world.
Eye Level Franchise provides its franchisees with thorough training and comprehensive on-going support.
- Initial Start-Up Training Program
- Follow-up Training Sessions reinforcing the principles of the Eye Level philosophy
- Effective Marketing Strategies
- Proprietary Student Database System
- Eye Level Math & English Curriculum Materials
- Student Assessment Practices & Parent consultation Training
- Learning Center Operations Procedures
- Business Plan Review
On-going support includes:
- Marketing Support
- Promotional Tools and Materials
- Continued Training on New Programs and Updates
- Field Consultant Support
- Quality Assurance Reviews and Consultations for Efficiency
Eye Level Math has two main sections: Basic Thinking Math and Critical Thinking Math. In Basic Thinking Math, students focus on the arithmetic part of mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). In Critical Thinking Math, students focus on patterns and relationships, geometry, problem solving, measurement and reasoning. Students are assigned to their levels based on test results, not by their grade levels (hence the "eye level" name).
Eye Level English focuses on four main fundamental skills: Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking. Within the program, students have the ability to reinforce their English skills with such activities as Active Listening, writing prompts, and phonics.
Supplemental Education Services
Eye Level works through the No Child Left Behind Act. Eye Level offers tutoring known as Supplemental Education Services. Eye Level is an approved provider in the following U.S. states: California, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
- List of all Eye Level Learning franchises by country. Find a learning center
- "Eye Level learning center franchise making big push into region". bizjournals.com. May 1, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- "Morton Grove's Eye Level Learning participates in annual literary competition". chicagotribune.com. August 17, 2015. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- "gmnews.com". Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- "Centers See New Faces Seeking Test Prep". nytimes.com. April 2, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2015.