|Studio album by The Low Anthem|
|Released||June 17, 2016|
|Label||Washington Square Records|
|Producer||The Low Anthem|
|The Low Anthem chronology|
eyeland is the fourth full-length studio concept album by American indie folk band The Low Anthem, released on June 17, 2016 on Washington Square Records - an imprint of Razor & Tie, of Concord Bicycle Music. The album was recorded in Providence, Rhode Island's Columbus Theatre, over a four-year time span, in the band's own recording studio which they built during the recording and eventually named after the album, Eyeland Recording Studio. eyeland is a cerebral psych-kidnapping noir for Jorge Luis Borges, and features dense sound collage elements in the arrangements. Mastering engineer Bob Ludwig worked on the album.
Despite a serious automobile accident at the beginning of the band's US tour to support the album, the band completed an extensive European tour, covering 16 countries in 33 shows throughout the fall of 2016.
The album was commissioned into a script for a play by Trinity Repertory Company that is currently in workshop for full-production in 2018.
The Line of Best Fit, a prominent UK blogger, rated it 8.5 and said, "The Low Anthem's eyeland is a triumph of forward thinking."
- "in eyeland" : 4:42
- "her little cosmos" : 3:21
- "the pepsi moon" : 3:41
- "ozzie": 3:27
- "waved the neon seaweed" : 4:35
- "behind the airport mirror": 2:52
- in the air hockey fire" : 4:54
- "wzgddrmtnwrdz" : 4:10
- "am i the dream or am i the dreamer" : 5:59
- "dream killer": 2:57
- "the circular ruins in euphio" : 2:14
The Low Anthem
- Ben Knox Miller
- Jeff Prystowsky
- Florence Grace Wallis
- Bryan Minto
- Tyler Osborne
- Jocie Adams
- Mike Irwin
- Andy Davis
- Chris Erway
- "The Columbus Theatre's Folk Revival". NY Times.
- "The Low Anthem: Eyeland & Columbus Theatre". tapeop.com. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "Eyeland by The Low Anthem". metacritic.com. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "The Low Anthem's Eyeland is a triumph of forward thinking". The Line of Best Fit. Retrieved August 9, 2017.