Eyes of the Heart
|Eyes of The Heart|
|Live album by Keith Jarrett Quartet|
|Recorded||live May 1976 at Theater am Kornmarkt, Bregenz, Austria|
|Keith Jarrett Quartet chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Eyes of The Heart is a jazz album by American pianist Keith Jarrett released in 1979 by the ECM record label. The personnel on the album is the "American Quartet", made up of Jarrett, Dewey Redman, Charlie Haden and Paul Motian. It was recorded at the Theater am Kornmarkt, Bregenz in Austria in May 1976. The studio album The Survivors' Suite had been recorded one month earlier.
Eyes of The Heart was the last album released to feature Jarrett's quartet.
- "Eyes of the Heart (Part One)" – 17:11
- "Eyes of the Heart (Part Two)" – 15:43
- "Encore (a-b-c)" – 18:03
- Keith Jarrett – piano, soprano saxophone, misc. percussion
- Dewey Redman – tenor saxophone, misc. percussion
- Charlie Haden – bass
- Paul Motian – drums, percussion
- Barbara Wojirsch – cover design
- Martin Wieland – engineering
- Manfred Eicher – production
- "Keith Jarrett - Eyes Of The Heart (Vinyl, LP) at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
- Yanow, Scott (2011). "Eyes of The Heart - Keith Jarrett Quartet | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 769. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 112. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.