FC Zhemchuzhina Yalta
|Full name||Football Club Zhemchuzhina Yalta|
FC Zhemchuzhina Yalta (Russian: «Жемчужина» (Ялта); FC Zhemchuzhyna Yalta in Ukrainian transliteration) was a professional football club based in Yalta. Founded in 2010, the club reached the Ukrainian Second League for the 2012–13 season. In June 2013 it was refused a license for the league, however, and expelled from professional football, due to the club's debts. Following the 2014 Crimean Crisis, Zhemchuzhina were accepted into the Russian Professional Football League for the 2014–15 season. As Ukraine considers Crimea Ukrainian territory, Football Federation of Ukraine lodged a complaint with UEFA about Crimean clubs' participation in Russian competitions. UEFA's judgment is that any matches Zhemchuzhina plays "under the auspices of the Russian Football Union will not be recognised".
On 4 December 2014 UEFA banned Crimean clubs from participating in Russian professional competitions, and announced that a new local Crimean league will be set up in the future that UEFA will manage directly.
Zhemchuzhyna Yalta was founded in 2010 after the withdrawal of FC Feniks-Illichovets Kalinine from the Ukrainian First League. The team declared its readiness to takeover the rest of season in the First league. However, Zhemchuzhyna was unable to get a license for the right to participate in the first league through licensing regulations of UEFA and FFU. The investors of Zhemchuzhyna guaranteed stable funding only if the club moved to Yalta.
The team did not enter the PFL in the 2011–12 season. Instead the team participated in the championship of the Crimea and the amateur championship of Ukraine.  In 2012–2013 season the club gained professional status and entered in the Ukrainian Second League championship in Ukraine. In June 2013 the club was refused attestation and expelled from the Ukrainian Second League because of numerous debts to players, staff and others.
League and cup history
Season Div. Pos. Pl. W D L GS GA P Domestic Cup Europe Notes 2012 4th
4 6 1 1 4 4 5 4 2012–13 3rd
13 24 4 4 16 21 48 13 1/16 finals −3; qualified to Group 3 3 6 1 1 4 5 10 4 Stage 2
Season Div. Pos. Pl. W D L GS GA P Domestic Cup Europe Notes 2014-15 3rd
17 3 4 10 13 31 13 1⁄256 finals all league results were annulled
- How Russia is killing the Crimean football. Espreso. 20 July 2015
- General Director of Zhemchuzhyna Yalta announced about dissolution of the team. championat. 9 October 2014
- ФК "Жемчужина" не братиме участь у змаганнях наступного сезону [FC Zhemchuzhyna will not participate in the competition next season] (in Ukrainian). PFL. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- ""Буковина" продовжить виступи у Першій лізі , "Жемчужину" позбавили атестату (Bukovyna will continue to compete in the First League, Zhemchuzhyna was refused attestation)" (in Ukrainian). PFL. 14 June 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Ukraine crisis: Russia's claim on Crimea's football clubs". BBC Sport. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- UEFA Emergency Panel decision on Crimean clubs, UEFA (22 August 2014)
- "Crimea clubs banned from playing in Russian league by Uefa". BBC. 4 December 2014.
- "UEFA to set up new soccer league in Crimea". Associated Press. 6 March 2015.
- Новачки другої ліги: знайомтеся! [Rookies in Second League: Introduction!] (in Ukrainian). ukrfootball.com.ua. 24 June 2012. Archived from the original on 22 December 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Феникс-Ильичёвец" исключен из Первой лиги [Feniks-Illichovets expelled from the First League] (in Russian). Football.ua. 17 March 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-03-13. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Крымский футбольный портал: Чемпионат Крыма по футболу 2012 [Crimean Football Portal: Crimean Championship in 2012] (in Russian). Crimean Football Association. 26 May 2012. Archived from the original on 9 October 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Офіційний сайт Асоціації аматорського футболу України [Official website of the Amateur Football Association of Ukraine] (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- The club was given one month by the PFL to pay their league dues. but they failed to pay the dues in time and were deducted 3 points. (21 August 2012)
ПРОТОКОЛ № 2 (26 липня 2012 року) [PFL Disciplinary committee decision- Meeting minutes № 2] (PDF) (in Ukrainian). PFL. 26 July 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Competition held in two stages. Points from Stage One not carried over. Відбулося жеребкування груп «3» та «4» другої ліги [Draw for the Groups 3 and 4 of Second League]. ua-football.com (in Ukrainian). PFL. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.