This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fabiana Passoni (born c. 1977) is a Brazilian singer best known for her jazz albums Dim the Lights (2013), Let Your Love Rise (2014) and Inner Bossa (2015). At the 2012 Brazilian International Press Awards she received an award for the Best Brazilian Singer Living in the U.S. She also received the 2013 As Notaveis award for her volunteer work and community service.
Born in Poços de Caldas, Brazil, Fabiana Passoni began singing when she was 6 years old. Her father would sit on the couch composing songs while encouraging her vocals to mature along with his. Fabiana's father taught the budding songstress the art of interpretation and how to play to an audience.
Fabiana ran a successful music school in her hometown in the late 1990s before moving to the United States. While in New York City, Fabiana began singing bossa nova jazz fusion to American audiences. Artists such as Ella Fitzgerald and Leny Andrade influenced her style. She finally found her voice after moving to Los Angeles in 2007 and began composing songs for her debut album, É Minha Vez.
Fabiana fought against breast cancer for three years, during which time she released the acclaimed Naturalmente Brasi in 2011 featuring 12 original tracks.
In 2002 the Brazilian International Press Awards' Colégio Eleitoral composed of U.S.-based Brazilian groups and community organizations chose her as best Brazilian Female Singer living in the U.S. Fabiana's songs are a combination of jazz fusion with the older rhythms of Brazil such as bossa nova, baião, and samba. Her interpretations are passionate, sensual and exciting. Fabiana is Talk 2 Brazil's 2012 Person of the Year.
- É Minha Vez CD – 2007 (10 tracks)
- Across the Globe (Native Vibe) CD – 2008 (4 tracks – guest artist)
- Naturalmente Brasil CD/LP – 2011 (12 tracks)
- "Lovin' You" Single – 2012
- "Rock with You" Single – 2012
- Dim the Lights EP – 2013 (7 tracks)
- "Samba Fuleco" Single – 2013
- Let Your Love Rise EP – 2014 (3 tracks)
- Inner Bossa EP – 2015 (5 tracks)
- Fabiana Passoni (October 8, 2012). "I Lost Weight: Fabiana Passoni, Two-Time Breast Cancer Survivor And Mother To Triplets, Lost More Than 125 Pounds". The Huffington Post.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-14. Retrieved 2012-12-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Award Winning Brazilian artist Fabiana Passoni Releases First Brazilian Jazz Original With English Lyrics". Yahoo Finance. Marketwired. June 5, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 2014-11-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Fabiana Passoni Discography". MTV Artists.
- "Fabiana Passoni". Itunes.
- "Album of the week: Let Your Love Rise – Fabiana Passoni". bnova music.
- "Inner Bossa by Fabiana Passoni". cdbaby.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2012-12-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Fabiana Passoni".