Facila is a training program, in Southern Europe, for adults with short primary schooling. The objective is to prepare students for validation processes and secondary education. Many participants are entrepreneurs, owners or employees of small and medium enterprises, SME:s. In these cases the program provides opportunity for training in entrepreneurship and "continuous improvement" to enhance the participant's employability.
The program started in 2007 as a cooperation between Sweden and Portugal. It is based on the Swedish program "Kunskapslyftet" and adapted to Southern European conditions on an initiative by Johan Frisk.
Continuous improvement projects
Apart from basic training, the main objective of the Facila program is to teach students how to prepare improvement projects. The students review their work, both task and physical space, then look for patterns and flaws which are expressed using a mathematical analysis. The process, which increases the students employability, is fundamental to finding clues for improvements in productivity and decrease in work related injuries.
- http://www.evta.net/evta_tube/facila.html Presentation, European Vocational Training Federation
- http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/utbildning-ska-radda-portugal-1.1221990 Dagens Nyheter (Swedish Newspaper)
- http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=3304&artikel=3497424 Sveriges Radio (Swedish public radio)
- http://ww1.rtp.pt/multimedia/progVideo.php?tvprog=24786&idpod=37314 "Iniciativa", min 37:30-41:30 RTP2 (Portuguese public television)
- http://www.euractiv.com/en/enterprise-jobs/can-entrepreneurship-be-taught-news-494547 Interview "EuroActiv"
- Coaching World June 2010 p12
- http://tsf.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/AudioeVideo.aspx?content_id=1599197 "Qualificar a população adulta activa" TSF (Portuguese radio)
- http://www.theopenmanager.com Blog "The Open Manager"
- http://tsf.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/AudioeVideo.aspx?content_id=1603152 radio program in Portuguese, "Mãos à Obra" (TSF) interview with the training coordinator
- http://www.iefp.pt/iefp/publicacoes/Formar/Paginas/Formar2008.aspx "Formar"- Portuguese magazine for educators, nº65, p11-14 (IEFP)
- http://www.iefp.pt/iefp/publicacoes/Formar/Documents/Formar_2011/Formar_75.pdf Interview in Portuguese with Carlos Capela in "Formar" pp 22-23