Fagerdala World Foams
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Alf & Dag Landvik|
|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -|
Fagerdala World Foams is a Swedish company that specializes in the development, manufacturing and converting of technical polymer foams, thermoforming parts and resilient materials.
Fagerdala was started in 1964 by father and son, Alf and Dag Landvik
Mainly their initial products were (PU) Polyurethane materials which they made into mattresses and cushions then later on that year they expanded their product range for other foam applications. Eventually the company established its name in the foam fabrication industry and become one of the market leaders.
In 1989, Fagerdala then acquired Tempur-Pedic technology from NASA using its visco elastic material properties to be made into pressure relieving sleep system mattress. Having perfected this new material it gained global success in the foam business.
During the 1990s polypropylene (PP) materials were then used in their extrusion machines making automotive shock absorbing parts and acquiring many design patents along the way. The company positioned itself on the PP supplier for the automotive market.
Year 2000 to present, Asia Group are aggressively developing (PE) Polyethylene foam cushion packaging technology serving the electronic industry.
- EnviroFoam - breakthrough with using 100% recycled EPS foam resins
- Specialty resins
- Packaging solutions
- Automotive solutions
- General applications
With over 30 companies present in 15 countries worldwide:
- Fagerdala Industri AB (Sweden)
- Fagerdala UK Ltd (United Kingdom)
- Fagerdala Airofom AG (Switzerland)
- Fagerdala-Paclite Inc (USA) - 4 operating locations in 3 states namely: Lompoc, California Marysville and Marine City, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Fagerdala Mexico SA de CV - (Mexico)
- Fagerdala Singapore Pte Ltd (Singapore)- Asia pacific Headquarters
- Fagerdala Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Malaysia)
- Fagerdala Shanghai Foams Co Ltd (China)
- Fagerdala SuZhou Packaging Co Ltd (China)
- Fagerdala Xiamen Packaging Co Ltd (China)
- Maxfoam Do Brasil LTDA (Brazil)
- Gefinex GmbH (Germany)
- Aldlev Srl (Italy)
- Polyciment (France)