Fahad AlSharekh is the Chief Executive Officer of the Arabic language and speech technologies company SAKHR Software Company. AlSharekh has been interviewed by CNN and featured in several publications including Wired News, the International Herald Tribune and The Financial Times. He is also a recipient of several awards, including VISA’s Business Achievement Award for Internet Achievements.
He is invited to speak at global seminars and conferences and recently addressed LBS’ Executive MBA students in Dubai, Celebration of Entrepreneurship Conference delegates, as well as MIT’s Alumni in Jordan and The World Economic Forum in Geneva, Switzerland on Technology Innovation in the Arab World in the past.
AlSharekh also serves as the Business Development Director of Al Alamiah Group, a leading professional IT firm in Kuwait, and is the founder and CEO of Ajeeb.com.
Fahad AlSharekh holds a BS in Business Administration with a Finance Concentration from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. As part of his academic program, he trained in Investment Banking with various organizations including Wall Street’s Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. He also completed the Executive Program in Corporate Strategy at the MIT Sloan School of Management, Cambridge, Massachusetts. His high school education was completed at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield, MA. 
Fahad AlSharekh is the eldest son of Kuwaiti businessman Mohammed AlSharekh, who started Sakhr Software Company in 1982. Fahad AlSharekh has three siblings: Dr. AlAnoud AlSharekh, Abdallah AlSharekh and Manayer AlSharekh.
He joined his father’s company right after completing his higher education.
With Fahad M. AlSharekh the CEO of the company, Sakhr software has won the following International awards:
- eContent Award - Arabic Language Buddy for smart phones (2010) 
- Oman Portal - Arab Web Awards (2010) 
- Microsoft Gold Partner Certificate (2009) 
- World Summit Award - IBSAR (Screen reader for the blind) (2007) 
- World Summit Award - Best e-content (Web Content Translation Engine - Tarjim) (2005) 
- Arabian Business E-Achievement Award E-Visionary of the Year (2002) 
- Internet Shopper (T4S International Group): Best Arabic Language Supported Site (GITEX Cairo 2000) 
- Damtex Middle East Group: Best Arabic Application Development Company (1999)