Fairy King (horse)
- See Mythological king for the generic term, and lists of legendary kings. See Oberon for one mythological king of fairies.
|Breeder||Swettenham Stud & Partners|
|Leading sire in France (1996)|
A full brother to Sadler's Wells, he was bred and raced by Robert Sangster and associates. Out of the mare Fairy Bridge, he was sired by Northern Dancer who is regarded as the 20th century’s best sire of sires. 
Fairy King made only one racing start and broke down with damage to a bone in his foot.
Retired to stud duty at the Coolmore Stud breeding operation in Ireland, Fairy King most often sired specialist milers. Initially he carried a low stud fee but success from his first crops led to him quickly being much in demand. He stood in Ireland throughout his career and was shuttled to Australia in 1992 and again in 1996.
Fairy King sired 395 race winners, including 73 stakes race winners. Among his notable offspring were:
- Shinko King (b. 1991) - multiple stakes winner in Japan including the Group 1 Takamatsunomiyahai
- Turtle Island (b. 1991) - won Group One Phoenix Stakes and Irish 2000 Guineas
- Encosta De Lago (b. 1993) - won the 1996 Australian Group One Vic Health Cup against older horses, Leading sire in Australia (2008, 2009) 
- Helissio (b. 1993) - won Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, 1996 European Horse of the Year, French Horse Racing Hall of Fame
- Second Empire (b. 1995) - won Group 1 Grand Criterium
- Victory Note (b. 1995) - won Group 1 Poule d'Essai des Poulains
- Oath (b. 1996) - won 1999 Epsom Derby
- Falbrav (b. 1998) - 2003 European Champion Older Horse, careering earnings of £3,837,108
- Beckett (b. 1998) - won Irish Group 1 National Stakes
|Bold Reason||Hail To Reason||Turn-to|