Faisal Raza Abidi
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Syed Faisal Raza Abidi
|Pakistan Senator to the Pakistan Senate|
March 2009 – April 16, 2014
|President||Asif Ali Zardari|
|Prime Minister||Yousaf Raza Gillani, Raja Pervaiz Ashraf|
Syed Faisal Raza Abidi
|Political party||Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)|
|Spouse(s)||Syeda Nida Abidi|
|Children||Syeda Fatima Zehra Abidi (born June 2018)|
|Alma mater||BA and BBA|
|Profession||Spokesman Voice of Shohada e Pakistan|
Faisal Raza Abidi (Urdu: فیصل رضاعابدی) is a Pakistani political figure and a former senator representing the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) for Sindh Province, from March 2009 to January 2013. He also served as the party president of Karachi Division and held a high-ranking membership of the central committee of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP). Famous for his oratory skills, Faisal is also renowned for speaking non-hesitantly against Taliban and its assorted banned terror groups operating in Pakistan on national TV. Politically, he is allied with Sunni Ittehad Council representing majority Sunni Barelvi sect and Majlis Wahdat-e-Muslimeen representing Shia sect in Pakistan. A businessman by profession, Abidi is also the chief executive officer of the Al-Zulfiqar Group of Companies, Karachi, since 2008.
Abidi was selected as the president of PPP’s Karachi division after 2008’s General Election. He made remarkable efforts in reviving activities of Pakistan People’s Party in Karachi and enjoyed influence over the metropolis. His popularity was disliked by some elements, consequently he was removed from presidency of Karachi Division  . However, in 2011 he was again designated as President of PPP, Karachi Division and resigned from the presidency following an internal party rift in 2012.
In addition to his fire-bend criticism and demand of resignation from the then Chief Justice of Pakistan, Abidi heavily censured the wrong policies of his ruling party and senior leadership He repeatedly raised voice in favour of security agencies of Pakistan, minorities and all those who were victimized by terrorism.
Since March 2009 to April 2014, Faisal Abidi was an elected member of Senate from Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Sindh quota. He tendered his resignation on demand of his party over differences with the party leadership 
In November 2016, former Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) senator, Faisal Raza Abidi, was arrested by law enforcers over his alleged involvement in sectarian killings in Karachi that took place recently and in the past as well. The police and Rangers, who came in at least 10 vehicles, raided Abidi’s residence in New Rizvia Society, which falls in District East, late Friday night. Heavy weapons, including a G-3 rifle and sub-machine guns (SMGs), were also recovered during the half-an-hour long search before he was shifted to an undisclosed location for interrogation. The forensic reports of the recovered weapons suggest that they have not been used in any criminal activity, said the investigation officer of the Patel Para incident, Sardar Ahmed Abbasi. Further examinations of the weapons are also being carried out.
On November 7,2016 Nida Abidi, wife of former PPP Senator Syed Faisal Raza Abidi has said her husband is being targeted for raising voice in favour of Pakistan armed forces and security agencies. She has demanded the prime minister and Chief of Army Staff to ensure fair trial of her husband who was arrested from Karachi. Addressing a press conference on Sunday in Lahore, Nida Abidi said her husband was being implicated in false cases by the Sindh government. She added that the illegal weapons had no connection with Faisal and he had no link with any banned outfit. She said that despite being a part of PPP in past, Faisal had always been the critic of its wrong policies and he had always raised voice for the country security forces, minorities and all those who had suffered loss in the hands of terrorism. Nida Abidi, to a question told media that she was addressing the news conference in Lahore because in Karachi, she and her family was receiving life threats. She appealed to the government to provide security to her as well as family of the former Senator Syed Faisal Raza Abidi.
In October 2018, Abidi was arrested and sent to jail in contempt of court. Reportedly Faisal Abidi during an interview with a web-based platform “Naya Pakistan” appeared online in July-2018, mentioned the Chief Justice of Pakistan a “traitor” on the plea of his taking oath under the PCO . Subsequently the owner and producer of “Naya Pakistan” web channel, were also sent to jail on a judicial remand.
Shia Muslim scholars like Allama Hassan Zafar Naqvi criticized the arrest of Faisal Raza Abidi Al Baqee Organization, based in USA, has appealed for his immediate release. Besides, demonstration staged on 19 Oct-2018 in Kharadar, the commercial heart of Karachi, Protests in different countries and cities of Pakistan are being reported on social media.
- Faisal Abidi resigns from senate
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Pakistan Herald Profile"
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Senate Of Pakistan Profile"
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Awaztoday Profile"
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Facebook Social Fan Page"
- Staff Correspondent (23 November 2011). "Faisal Abidi in Karachi: The face that launched a 2-hour traffic jam". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Staff Correspondent (9 October 2008). "Efforts on to replace PPP City leader". The Nation. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Staff Correspondent (16 January 2013). "Faisal Raza Abidi resigns from Senate". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Hissan Khan (16 April 2014). "PPP asked once diehard Jiyala Faisal Raza Abidi to resign from Senate". Pakistan Tribe. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Faisal Abidi implicated, says wife". The News. 7 November 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Admin. "Syed Faisal Raza Abidi (Resigned on 17-04-2014)". The Senate of Pakistan. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Faisal Raza Abidi released on bail". ARY. 10 November 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Former senator Faisal Raza Abidi sent to prison on judicial remand". The News. 13 October 2018. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Former senator Faisal Raza Abidi arrested for insulting and threatening CJP". Express Tribune. 10 October 2018. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- TNS (World) (18 October 2018). "ATC sends owner, producer of web channel on judicial remand to Adiala jail for airing anti-judiciary remarks". TNS (Times International News Service). Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Sidrah Moiz Khan (5 August 2012). "Faisal Raza Abidi demands Chief Justice's resignation". Express Tribnue. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Staff Reporter (20 October 2018). "Protesters denounce Abidi's arrest". The Nation (Nawaiwaqt Group). Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Reporter GH (16 October 2018). "Allama Hassan Zafar Says those ridiculed Judiciary, top Judges, are freed". Shiite NEWS. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Web-Desk (19 October 2018). "Rally Taken Out In Support Of Faisal Raza Abidi". National Courier. Retrieved 20 October 2018.