In 2006, Khoiee-Abbasi began standing near the northwest corner of Daley Plaza outside of Chicago City Hall, holding a sign that read "FBI Agent Chris Saviano, stop raping my wife!" Soon, he added other signs to his board, most of which denounce former Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley, former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, and George W. Bush, and make a number of odd statements in broken English. He stands outside of city hall every weekday, from about 6:00am until about 3:00pm. He has also been photographed holding his signs on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., and in New York's Times Square.
In 2011 he started loudly blowing a plastic whistle at regular intervals.
Little is known about Khoiee-Abbasi beyond his physical appearance (originally a groomed, well-dressed man who always wore expensive suits and ties), the information on his signs, from flyers he passes out from time to time, and what court documents say about him. It is known that he was involved in extended and contentious divorce proceedings. He generally remains silent when questioned by anyone. He has also used signs asking Barack Obama to spare his only child. The text of flyers he has handed out indicates he is an engineer by trade and that the "FBI Agent" Chris Saviano he accuses of raping his wife and running a prostitution ring also happens to be the son of a vice president of his former employer.
- Selecman, D.L. "Dan's people: One-on-one with the FBI sign guy". Reservoir Magazine. Missing or empty
- Boose, Greg (17 April 2009). "The Sign Guy Goes on Hunger Strike". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- Grier, Peter. "E-mail trail shows power struggle behind US attorneys' firings". Christian Science Monitor. Archived from the original on 24 March 2007. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- Chicagoist. "FBI Stop Raping My Wife". Chicagoist.com. Archived from the original on 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Erickson, Mark. "From Church Pew to Daley Plaza, the Tragic Descent of Chicago's Troubled "Sign Guy"". Eat Portland. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County. "Case Information Summary for Case Number 2004D010691, PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE". Cook County Circuit Court. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Bond, Eston. "The Chris Saviano effect". hyalineskies. Archived from the original on 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Khoiee-Abbasi, Farhad (2006). "FBI Agent(s): Prostitution Business". Flyer.
- Malooley, Jake (October 12, 2011). ""The Sign Guy" at Daley Plaza". Time Out Chicago. Retrieved 24 October 2011.