|Industry||Finance and insurance|
1978 – Farmers' Mutual Group
1905 – Otago Farmers' Union Mutual Fire Insurance Association
1905 – Taranaki Farmers' Mutual Fire Insurance Association
1905 – Wellington Farmers' Union Mutual Fire Insurance Association
1905 – Hawke's Bay Farmers' Mutual Fire Insurance Association
1937 – Dairy Industry Insurance Agency Limited
|Headquarters||Wellington, New Zealand|
Chris Black (CEO)
FMG Insurance (formerly Farmers' Mutual Group) is a mutual insurance company in New Zealand that was established from a merger of the Farmers' Mutual Insurance Association, Taranaki Farmers' Mutual Insurance Association and Primary Industries Insurance Company Limited in 1978. The company is incorporated under the Farmers’ Mutual Group Act 2007 and can trace its origins back to the original farmer's fire mutual organisations established in 1905.
FMG is currently sponsors of the following organisations:
- FMG Stadium Waikato - Hamilton's major sporting and cultural events venue
- Angus NZ - the New Zealand Angus Association.
- ESNZ - Equestrian Sports New Zealand
- New Zealand Nuffield Farming Scholarships - one of New Zealand's most prestigious farming awards.
- Standing, Ross (2005). Pride, Passion & Parochialism - A History of FMG 1905 - 2005. Palmerston North: Dunmore Press Limited. p. 235. ISBN 0-86469-474-1.
- "Farmers' Mutual Group Act 2007". New Zealand Legislation. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "FMG granted naming rights for Waikato Stadium". Waikato Stadium. 30 July 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Angus NZ". NEW ZEALAND ANGUS ASSOCIATION INC. Archived from the original on 2012-10-27. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "Equestrian Sports New Zealand". Equestrian Sports New Zealand. Archived from the original on 2012-12-24. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "New Zealand Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust". Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "Venues Palmerston North". Palmerston North City Council. Retrieved 2012-11-23.[permanent dead link]
- "Manawatu stadium deal struck". Stuff. Retrieved 2016-01-19.