Janeman was a star soccer player representing the premier Fiji Football Association team of Ba in the 1970s. After his retirement as a player, he took up coaching, and led a number of district and national sides. In the 2006 elections Janeman contested the Ba West Indian Communal Constituency as a National Federation Party candidate and obtained only 10.51% of the votes.
Achievement as a soccer player
- He was the captain of the Ba team that defeated Rewa in the 1976 Interdistrict Competition.
- He scored the lone goal when Ba defeated Suva in the 1977 Interdistrict Competition.
- He scored the decisive goal when Ba defeated Labasa in the 1978 Interdistrict Competition.
- Member of Ba soccer team's 1977 tour of New Zealand. played for Fiji national team for 11 years.
Soccer teams coached by Janeman
- Coach of national under fifteen team that took part in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup from 18 to 24 July 2004 in Belfast.
- Coach of the Fiji Nation U-12 Team that took part in the Danone Cup in France in 2008 and placed 24th out of 40 countries. The team's name was Flying Arrow S.C. U-12 team as a big part of the support for the team came from the Flying Arrow Sports Club in Surrey, B.C., Canada.
- Coach of Fiji team to Oceania Football Confederation Under 17 Championship in Tahiti from 20 to 24 March 2007.
- Assistant coach of Fiji national teams tour of the United States from 1 to 19 April 2007.
- He is the FIJI Football Association development manager. he is ba teams head coach
- "Akhtar Bhamji - In yalalevu cemetery ba fiji". Facebook. 2015-10-08. Retrieved 2016-07-03.
- A tribute to Janeman
- "OFC mourns the loss of Farouk Janeman". Boxscorenews.com. 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2016-07-03.
- Tournament Record (1971 - 1980) Fiji Football[permanent dead link]
- Ba's visit to New Zealand 1977
- Fiji names team for Northern Ireland Milk Cup
- OFC - OFC U17 CHAMPIONSHIP - TAHITI 2007
- Cal Plays Fiji National Team
- Assembly lines aim for local talents