Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Associations
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Formation||25 January 1968|
|Legal status||Private company|
|Purpose||Oil, seeds and fats|
|Headquarters||4-6 Throgmorton Avenue, London EC2N 2DL|
|1100 companies in 89 countries|
|FOSFA Council (President - Marcus Reis)|
FOSFA was formed from four other previous organisations in 1968.
It used to be based at 20 St Dunstan's Hill, London EC3R 8NQ.
85% of worldwide trade in oils and fats is under FOSFA contracts. It regulates trade in the industry. The clauses in contracts are known as the FOSFA Rules. Its rules cover products transported with Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) or Freight on Board (FOB).
It holds week-long residential training courses during the summer and Autumn at London University, Royal Holloway.
- British Association of Cold Pressed Oil Producers
- National Edible Oil Distributors Association - linked to the Food and Drink Federation
- EU Oil and Proteinmeal Industry - FEDIOL
- European Federation for the Science and Technology of Lipids
- Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Associations, Retrieved June 2011