|Felixia Yeap (叶静仪)|
3 July 1986 |
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Height||173 cm (68 in)|
|Eye colour||Dark brown|
Felixia Yeap Chin Yee (simplified Chinese: 叶静仪; traditional Chinese: 枼靜儀; pinyin: Yè Jìngyí; born 3 July 1986) is a Malaysian model. She was Malaysia's first and only Playboy Bunny. Since December 2013, she has sported a hijab, sparking controversy among the country's Muslim and non-Muslim communities. On 3 July 2014, she said she had converted to Islam.
Felixia was born in Kuala Lumpur and raised in Ipoh, Perak, West Malaysia. Prior to her modelling career, she worked as a kindergarten teacher. Yeap started her modelling career in 2005 after becoming one of the finalists of the Dewi Remaja contest.
She appeared on the third season of I Wanna Be a Model as a finalist and listed in the Hall of Fame for Miss Malaysia Tourism 2007 at the age of 19. She was also the 1st runner-up for Miss Chinese World Malaysia 2006 and a finalist for Dewi Remaja Malaysia.
In 2008, Yeap was chosen to represent Malaysia in the 2008 Beijing Olympic - Olympics Beauty and followed up as the finalist for FHM Girl Next Door 2009 and was crowned Velocity Angels-Model of The Year 2009 before being a finalist for Miss Universe Malaysia 2010. Yeap had quit from the Miss Malaysia World 2009 beauty pageant earlier as she disagreed with the terms and conditions of the competition. She was seen hosting the AQUARIUS Fashion Show in conjunction with WWF Malaysia along with Sam Insanity and is rumoured to be going out with him.
Yeap was chosen to be among Playboy Macau's first batch of Bunnies. She posed in a non-nude pictorial in the July–August 2013 issue of Playboy Philippines. Yeap's career at the Playboy Macau club lasted only a month.
Convert to Islam
In December 2013, Yeap started donning a hijab. She explained in her blog: "I believe I am worth more than just showing off my body. I am more than this. And I don't feel proud if attention- or fame-seeking model wannabes out there look at me as their idol or role model." Her new fashion sparked outrage among non-Muslim communities, Chinese especially, calling it disrespectful towards Islam. Yeap officially converted to Islam on 3 July 2014.
- "Asian Beauty Felixia Yeap: Sweet Escape". Playboy Philippines. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Bedi, Rashvinjeet s. (13 December 2013). "From Playboy bunny to hijab model". The Star. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Mustafa, Muzliza (14 December 2013). "I wear the hijab with good intentions, says former Playboy bunny". The Malaysian Insider. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Hall of Fame - Miss Malaysia Tourism (August 2007)". MissMalaysia. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "A journey of a beauty queen". Malay Mail. 2 October 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "Velocity Angels 2009,Midvalley". Faizzaki.com. 1 April 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "The 18 Finalists Revealed!". Miss Universe Malaysia 2010. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Wong Sai Wan (10 October 2009). "A model who loves lingeries, stilettos and cats". The Star (Malaysia). Star Publications. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Wong Sai Wan (September 2009). "Miss Malaysia pullout shocker!". The Daily Chili. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "Hosting AQUARIUS with Felixia Yeap and Sam Insanity". Mei Yi. 7 May 2012. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- Former Playboy bunny Felixia Yeap announces 'rebirth' following conversion to Islam (Archive). The Mirror. 6 July 2014; retrieved 15 September 2014.