Fernando Fitz-James Stuart, 15th Duke of Huéscar
|Fernando Fitz-James Stuart|
|15th Duke of Huéscar|
Fernando Juan María de las Mercedes Cayetano Luis Jesús Fitz-James Stuart y de Solís
|Born||14 September 1990|
Sofía Palazuelo (m. 2018)
|Father||Carlos Fitz-James Stuart, 19th Duke of Alba|
|Mother||Matilde de Solís-Beaumont|
Fernando Juan Fitz-James Stuart y de Solís, 15th Duke of Huéscar, GE (born 14 September 1990), is a Spanish aristocrat. He is the current Duke of Huéscar, and heir apparent to the dukedom of Alba and thereby to the headship of the House of Alba.
Life and family
He was born in Madrid and is the elder son of Carlos Fitz-James Stuart, 19th Duke of Alba (born 2 October 1948), and Matilde de Solís-Beaumont (born in Navarre, Spain, 13 June 1963). On 1 February 2016, he received the title of Duke of Huéscar (the traditional title of the heir to the House of Alba since the 16th century), which title was ceded by his father.
He studied in Madrid at The College for International Studies, where he met his future wife. He married his longtime girlfriend Sofía Palazuelo Barroso, daughter of Fernando Palazuelo and Sofía Barroso, on 6 October 2018.
|Ancestors of Fernando Fitz-James Stuart, 15th Duke of Huéscar|
Fernando’s patriline is the line from which he is descended father to son. Patrilineal descent is the principle behind membership in Ducal Houses, as it can be traced back through the generations - which means that Fernando’s historically accurate House name is Irujo.
Titles and styles
- 1990–2016: The Most Excellent Don Fernando Fitz-James Stuart y de Solís
- 2016–present: The Most Excellent The Duke of Huéscar, Grandee of Spain
- Méndez, Juan (15 March 1988). "Matilde de Solís y Martínez de Campos" (in Spanish). Seville, Spain. El País. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
Décima de 11 hermanos, hija de los marqueses de la Motilla, Matilde de Solís y Martínez de Campos, nacida en Navarra aunque afincada en Sevilla, será la futura duquesa de Alba. Su compromiso con Carlos Martínez de Irujo, primogénito y heredero de la casa de Alba, fue anunciado ayer públicamente en Sevilla. (...) Estudiante de geografía e historia, Matilde de Solís cumplirá 25 años el próximo 13 de junio día para el que está prevista en principio, la celebración de su boda.
- "BOE.es - Documento BOE-A-2016-1367". www.boe.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "El Duque de Huéscar y Sofía Palazuelo se casan en octubre" (in Spanish). Hola. 18 April 2018.
- Heirs apparent of Grandees of Spain share their style, which is The Most Excellent. Francisco López-Nieto y Mallo, Honores y Protocolo, 2 Volumes, Consultor, 2006. ISBN 84-7052-290-6 and ISBN 978-84-7052-290-1
Carlos Fitz-James Stuart
| Duke of Huéscar
2015 – present
|This biography of a Spanish noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|